Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad you found us!

Here is what 7 month old narragansett Turkey looks like right before being devoured.

[​IMG]

2. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO

If you want to combine orders for one shipping fee, just let me know what you want and I will email him to let him know - but that means waiting until March or April assuming what you want is available. I am ordering the SS, and he is reputed to have among the best available right now, so by the time I emailed him just over a week ago he was already booked into February for SS chicks. You can certainly just place your own order. I am attaching his brochure (hopefully) - if it doesn't work let me know and I can PM it to you.

Judi

[ATTACHMENT=298]HERITAGE HATCHERYFLYER.docx (34k. docx file)[/ATTACHMENT]

3. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO

Welcome! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

4. jgurshtein

jgurshtein Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2012
    Denver, CO
    That is gorgeous!

5. wsmith

Thx! AND it was YUMMY!

6. jgurshtein

jgurshtein Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Just to clarify, this is a meat bird of yours right?

7. wsmith

The turkey? Yes, we grew it this year. A Narragansett turkey, which is a Heritage breed; not one of the white broad breasted variety that we buy in the store. Very long in the body, not as much bulky breast meat, but a long breast. He only dressed out at 11 lbs, and lost a couple of pounds we think in the final two weeks. He had to be separated from the chicken flock, and he paced for two weeks. Now that we have the other pens, we can put the turkeys in there, separate with more protection.

8. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Got my first Speckled Sussex egg for Thanksgiving :woot One of the biggest pullet eggs I have ever seen - same size as the Red hen's eggs, and she has been laying since July! Same shade of brown, but with a pointier end and with speckles.

1 person likes this.
  9. wsmith

Nice!

I did a excel graph with the egg laying numbers, and we are already seeing a slight drop in egg production due to the shortened day length. We do not use artificial lighting in our operation.

10. wsmith

Got two nice venison roasts yesterday in exchange for several dozen eggs.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by