Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    We tried making our own cheese a while back. We REALLY should have read the directions before we started. [​IMG] Lets just say we ended up with no cheese. We will probably try again at some point but not soon.

Coloradogal- Hope it tastes as good as it's looking! And I may have found a home for Big Red! I just got an email from a lady asking if he was still available. [​IMG]

2. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Hi all...I'm a newbie from Elizabeth. Wondering if anyone has any fertile Easter egger, Americauna, silver/golden/blue laced, lavendars or barred rock eggs nearby...I would love to get my hands on some. I home school our children and my preschooler (my oldest) and I are itching to fill our batter for the first time :)

3. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

We will have Dominique hatching eggs available in late March

1 person likes this.
  4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    If I end up keeping one of my Silkie boys through the winter I might be able to get you some Silkie/EE crosses. I am trying to rehome them though.

5. wsmith

Got the entire chicken yard enclosed with an additional 3 ft high nylon netting. Now the fince is a total of 9 feet high. Tired.

[​IMG]

I had chicken helpers

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. dennarahl

dennarahl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Colorado

I have some mix breeds eggs that could be hatched. The girls are everything in my signature (except the naked necks, doms, and broilers aren't old enough), the daddies are RIR, Cochin and very unlikely silkie.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  7. AlivianAcres

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Denarahl-Those would be great! especially if we could get some EE crosses ;) where are you located? feel free to PM if you would like!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. AlivianAcres

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Whats going on with your Silkies-if I remember correctly they are not cold hardy? I imagine they are tough to keep alive in the winter without bringing them in here...

9. AlivianAcres

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    oooo....I may take you up on those! :)

10. wsmith

Cool. Watch our Facebook page for updates.

also... one of my Doms is laying a 2.2 oz egg. Wish I knew which one it was!

Time for lipstick...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by