Colorado

Got the entire chicken yard enclosed with an additional 3 ft high nylon netting. Now the fince is a total of 9 feet high. Tired.

I had chicken helpers

I bet you ARE tired! But looks like the helpers were cheering you on LOL - I don't think there's much they don't feel they need to be involved in :)

I bet you ARE tired! But looks like the helpers were cheering you on LOL - I don't think there's much they don't feel they need to be involved in
smile.png
Ya, they kept standing on the cord. Grrr! LOL

Hoo boy, let Firefox "upgrade" and now I can't do the normal quote thing. Anyway, Since it's just DH and me this year, I'm doing basics and all tomorrow too. DH plans to work on re-stringing electric polywire around the run, and more brainstorming on the chain link roof which still isn't on. At least they are in the new coop, and after the first night have been going in on their own, but so far they have elected not to use roosts, instead sleeping on floor or in nesting boxes. Guess I may have hung the roosts too close to the ceiling? Will take some measurements I guess - they looked fine when I put them up. I am not a chicken, and maybe to a chicken they look not fine. FYI, reserved 25 Speckled Sussex chicks from Tony Albritton for spring, told him March or April was fine, if anyone else is thinking of ordering from him we can combine, or if anyone wants a few SS chicks I don't really *need* 25. Still deciding about an order from Duane Urch - really want some Brown Leghorns, but can't swing 25 with the SS already reserved. Wendell I know you said you would be interested in a few Doms if I need to fill an order, Megshenhut, Suncatcher, and Pichuris, are you still interested or waiting to make decisions? Not in a hurry, just curious. Happy Thanksgiving to all :)
I have chick fever all the time so Im game on the SS and or white egg layers.

Menchi inspecting the floor of her coop making sure it is level.

Sadly it turns out that I painted the wrong side and have to paint again... That floor is heavy, around 150LB or more.

Welcome Warner123 and anyone else I missed since I am not on as often as I like... and Congrads on the first EE egg too !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom