Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Yes, better breeding, better quality, and closer to point of lay than buying day-old chicks or even the ones that have just finished feathering out - and locally raised, to boot. By the time they reach the age at which you are willing to relinquish them to one of us who wants them for great eye candy in the laying flock, you will have a lot of time, care, and cost invested in them.

Will contact Mr. Urch tomorrow and let you all know where we're at for an early May (or maybe late April if he will have poults ready) order :)

2. coloradogal

coloradogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Sweet! I think it would be very neat to have a couple more ameraucanas to augment my flock and maybe a few naked necks...ohhh, and some welsummers with my brother ordering some turkeys. So perhaps 4 of each of the ameraucanas, naked necks and welsummers and a half dozen turkeys.

I can also order some bantams too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. Chesterchook

Chesterchook Chillin' With My Peeps

I assume you'll be posting your culls for sale on here?

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Anyone in the springs area have recommendations on where to get barley and unpasturized AVC cheap?

5. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Narragansetts?

6. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Hmm, not sure whether Big R carries Barley, but you might ask there, if they don't have it they may know who does. I buy ACV at Vitamin Cottage, and you can add some to the regular cheap pasteurized stuff to make your own supply after you buy the first bottle. Seems like the ratio is 1:4, and then leave it with just a piece of cheescloth or paper towel rubber banded over the open bottle, put in a dark place, check in 2-4 weeks, once you see the "mother" (cloudy part) in there, you have accomplished what you wanted, and can continue making your own in the same way ad infinitum. I have yet to try it myself, my cabinets are so stuffed right now from stocking up on canned and dry goods when the price was right, I have to wait until we use some things up :) I'm betting Coloradogal has been doing this for years, though.

7. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh - and for the NN, you want the LF reds, right? Or were you thinking bantams?

8. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    So here's where we're at with the Urch-Turnlund Order:

I list 24 LF plus leghorns I order, 15 Bantams split between maggiemo and megshenhut, and 10 turkey poults bstween wsmith and coloradogal, with the possibility of me adding a couple more, still on the fence but really want to try them. We easily meet the minimums for each type of poultry.

The price list advises I can't call until 6 pm our time (arrgh, I'm such a morning person!) so will call at 6 pm Friday, unless I can get an email allowing me to call earlier. Will let you know what I learn, assuming I am able to get in touch :)

9. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Is there anyone on here that has ducks? Or anyone know of a good place to get them? Hatching eggs or already hatched?

10. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    Is there anyone on here that has ducks? Or anyone know of a good place to get them? Hatching eggs or already hatched?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by