Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. It is way cheaper and more astetic to trim their flight wings with scissors. Trim about 2-3 inches off their expanded wings. My my7 year old does this. Then they wont leave the run.
    L

2. You can mix ceyenne pepper in their feed for a couple days....might cause an egg. Heard it works.
    L

3. probably about half will be roos so you would conceovably keep themm in your freezer and open up the coop space a little.

4. coloradogal

coloradogal Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    I have 3 ducks, 2 peking (male and female) and 1 female runner, that are 8 months old. I'd love to rehome them to a nice place with a pond. I have all chickens and they tend to be messier in the coop than I'd like. Egg production is down a tad bit. I'm only getting about 3 eggs a week now.

5. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chirping

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado

Well I don't have a pond :( but we will have a kiddie pool...

6. coloradogal

coloradogal Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    Sure... I'm easy when it comes to breeds.

Easy peasy to make your own. I have multiple casks of all sorts of fermented stuff around here. I'd love to find someone who wants a kombucha mama or some kefir grains. They are multiplying like crazy lately. I love red wine vinegar and I swear, it truly is the best stuff I've ever gotten anywhere. It makes divine dressing and i hate to admit that sometimes, I'll take some cheese curd and add the red wine vinegar and just let it ferment for a day. So very yummy. :) You guys want cultures... man, do i have cultures. :)

and the assortments that I'd want to try in both bantam and big girls. I suspect we'll easily have the minimum.

7. jgurshtein

jgurshtein Chirping

Nov 7, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Welcome!! I was starting to feel lonely with so many people in Colorado Springs! I'm in Denver. I didn't know you could have chickens in HR, how many are you guys allowed?

8. pichuris

pichuris Chirping

May 15, 2012
    Strasburg Colorado

I have 1 female pekin duck who lost her mate a few months ago. She loves her kiddie pool. You are welcome to have her.
    Im not sure what else to do with her short of orange duck since I couldnt find a male for her.

9. AlivianAcres

AlivianAcres Chirping

Nov 20, 2012
    Elizabeth Colorado
    would she be OK alone until I got others? Correct me if I am wrong but don't they mate for life? Maybe another female would suffice?

10. Chesterchook

Chesterchook Chirping

I'd like to get in on this too if I could

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by