Colorado

The funny thing is, when we first built the place we talked many times about marking them, and just never got around to it. We are thinking about putting a couple shepherd's hooks with bird feeders over the lids when we backfill the hole.
LOL. We knew the general area of ours, then the dogs dug around and found them for us. So now when we work on the back yard for chickenfest, we will have to place markers...

OMG, they arrived on a Saturday?? Wow, never would have thought that. Very unusual.
I got the shipping notification this morning. They included a free extra Cochin chick from a special order I did but forgot two of the RIR I ordered.
roll.png
Oh, well. I will call them in the morning.

This was the first time I've been to that feed store. My husband was surprised when I told him it wasn't open. Unless I went to the wrong place. It said "Big R feed store" and was surrounded by a fence with a chain link gate that was closed. No cars around. Nice drive from Parker, though.

Big R in Falcon closes at 5 on Sundays. Which one did you go to?

Locked up and quiet? They are always opened on Sunday , and usually really busy. I was thinking of going up but if they are not having the swap, I can get feed tomorrow:/

This was the first time I've been to that feed store. My husband was surprised when I told him it wasn't open. Unless I went to the wrong place. It said "Big R feed store" and was surrounded by a fence with a chain link gate that was closed. No cars around. Nice drive from Parker, though.
I think you went to wrong place? There is no fence around the store, just around the fencing products in the east parking lot. The parking lot does not have a fence. Big R is located behind or north of Safeway in Elizabeth.

I think you went to wrong place? There is no fence around the store, just around the fencing products in the east parking lot. The parking lot does not have a fence. Big R is located behind or north of Safeway in Elizabeth.
Well, that explains it! I wonder what that store was, then. It even had the "chick days" signs up on it. I'm not familiar with Elizabeth, and the google maps wasn't very helpful. Maybe I'll explore next weekend and see if I can find it.
Thanks!

O
Locked up and quiet? They are always opened on Sunday , and usually really busy. I was thinking of going up but if they are not having the swap, I can get feed tomorrow:/

ops I meant south of Safeway . Sorry.

Well, that explains it!  I wonder what that store was, then.  It even had the "chick days" signs up on it.  I'm not familiar with Elizabeth, and the google maps wasn't very helpful.  Maybe I'll explore next weekend and see if I can find it.
Thanks!

You were by Elizabeth Country Corner. It's a farm/feed store as well. It has the chick days sign on it as well.

Weird. I found the listing on Craigslist, they even updated it at some point with a time change.

hit.gif

Sad day today. We had to put Summer, my banty Brahma down. Poor gal must have gotten into it with one of the big girls. I never saw any aggression beyond normal pecking order stuff and they've been mixed in for over a month but I can't think of any other way she would have shattered her leg and hip like that.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! Summer made me want a Buff Brahma, I will always think of her when I look at my Queenie. So sorry for your loss.

Has anyone feed fermented feed to chicks? I had a hard time finding information on it but I figured I would give it a shot. Wow I have never seen such happy chicks. I am pretty sure I saw one doing a happy dance as she splashed around in it (it reminded me of a child playing in the mud). I am going to start fermenting for the big girls next. BTW I forgot how stinking cute chicks are in person. I am in love with my new peeps. These are my first pure bred/sexed chicks and it is exciting knowing what they are going to look like, no stressing about that this time!

Back
Top Bottom