Colorado

Roo?

DH works in southern tech center, his boss gave him a raise to keep him close to work so our options have become limited. :(
My husband works there as well it takes about 35 -45 minutes to g to works depending on traffic and we live in Elizabeth/Parker limits, my road has lots of houses for sale all are acres 5-40 acres and start in the 200 hundreds.

Hi all....been super busy getting my coop finished and it is! Still have a few things to do on it but the gals are taking to it very well, even the little ones.

Speaking of the kids, I have a question: My big girls are 17 weeks old, my little ones are 10 weeks old. Is it still possible for me to keep giving them starter/grower feed (since it has more protein) and give the big girls oyster shell on the side (which I don't know how I'd do) or should I mix it in? They all eat from the same feeder so I'm not sure how to go about this.....I buy the Nutrena Nature Wise brand of feed.

Thanks for the input!

Hi all....been super busy getting my coop finished and it is! Still have a few things to do on it but the gals are taking to it very well, even the little ones.

Speaking of the kids, I have a question: My big girls are 17 weeks old, my little ones are 10 weeks old. Is it still possible for me to keep giving them starter/grower feed (since it has more protein) and give the big girls oyster shell on the side (which I don't know how I'd do) or should I mix it in? They all eat from the same feeder so I'm not sure how to go about this.....I buy the Nutrena Nature Wise brand of feed.

Thanks for the input!

awesome coop!!
I offer oyster shell on the side for the layers. That way they are not over supplemented with calcium, which can lead to kidney disease. If your hens eggs become brittle or thin, that would indicate they need more calcium. Sounds like your girls all should still be on grower... Mine didn't start to lay til 24 weeks!

awesome coop!!
I offer oyster shell on the side for the layers. That way they are not over supplemented with calcium, which can lead to kidney disease. If your hens eggs become brittle or thin, that would indicate they need more calcium. Sounds like your girls all should still be on grower... Mine didn't start to lay til 24 weeks!

X2 - I buy $1 plastic dog dishes at the dollar store to give grit and oyster shell in.

New pics of the Cochins

Pullet (cockerel behind her and White Silkie cockerel to the left)

Cockerel (they switched positions)

Hard to see in these pics but they have beautiful, lush foot feathering.

And Ol' Crusty showing his FF face LOL

Back
Top Bottom