Colorado

stamp set???hymm let me google that.
I was thinking stickers...
here's one idea....

icm_fullxfull.28429199_a642zvdcnm8804wckoc4.jpg

Hi guys thanks for all the input and advice about getting a rooster...I'm gonna hold off till we get the new coop done... Also my wounded hen that the dogs got awhile back she's been doing good and getting better but her feathers ate growing back and the other hens are terrorizing her! He tail feathers that ate growing back... The little winches pulled them out and are pecking her like crazy. There's was blood around her vent today. How can I detour them from pulling her feathered out and picking on her in general? Poor baby has been through so much. Also I wanted to show some progress on the new coop. It's not going to be flashy but its all wood I've gotten for free from construction sites except the 5 2x6's on the roof which was only like 30 bucks. Other then that we haven't put any money in yet. One more question...where should we put the ventilation and how should we do that.? The front of the coop is facing north,

I'm rather new to posting and didn't know the best place to post this. I'm in Fort Collins and have friends with three ducks that they can not care for. They are a little over a month old. I believe they are white and are runners. I'm just trying to help them find a good home.

Hi guys thanks for all the input and advice about getting a rooster...I'm gonna hold off till we get the new coop done... Also my wounded hen that the dogs got awhile back she's been doing good and getting better but her feathers ate growing back and the other hens are terrorizing her! He tail feathers that ate growing back... The little winches pulled them out and are pecking her like crazy. There's was blood around her vent today. How can I detour them from pulling her feathered out and picking on her in general? Poor baby has been through so much
Get some BLU-KOTE and spray it on all that is red. It is an antiseptic spray that is blue in color and the chickens should stop pecking. They are attracted to the color red. She may need to be isolated for another week or so just to let things heal. Keep the blu-kote on her until the skin is normal looking. Oh, wear Long gloves and old clothes when spraying because you will look like a Smurf when you are done!

hmm.png

Looks like the three eggs still in the incubator are quitters. One is pipped, but no progress beyond that. One cracked about 1/2 way around last evening, but no progress and no movement this morning. nothing from the third one.
Oh well.

We will wait until this evening, and then put the last batch of the season in. 20 eggs.

That's it Margie, you just made the list
tongue.png
This winter will be the worst on record because this summer will as well. My brother lives in Phoenix and it's like 120 there. Death Valley should hit almost 140.

Oh. I was thinking that you were peering into some sort of a seeing ice-ball type thing. Currently, my summer is beautiful. It was raining and 55 yesterday with lovely sunshine this am. Time to wake up and weed-whack the fire hazard again. My son just rolled in from Phoenix last night and he looked a little chilly. LOL!! Heads back into the heat in a week.

hmm.png

Looks like the three eggs still in the incubator are quitters. One is pipped, but no progress beyond that. One cracked about 1/2 way around last evening, but no progress and no movement this morning. nothing from the third one.
Oh well.

We will wait until this evening, and then put the last batch of the season in. 20 eggs.

My eggs generally take about 24 hours to hatch. There are a few that just pop out, but is does seem to take more effort to get out of these high-altitude shells and membranes. That has been my experience with the home-grown eggs. No pretty zip lines, just a hacked-at mess. Hopefully they are just resting up for the final push....... fingers crossed for the best.

Back
Top Bottom