Colorado

That's it Margie, you just made the list
tongue.png
This winter will be the worst on record because this summer will as well. My brother lives in Phoenix and it's like 120 there. Death Valley should hit almost 140.
That is HOT! Wonder if our hot weather has anything to do with the Solar Maximum we are in??? So how come we won't have a warmer winter??????

Solar whatsimum? I'm just used to making maps for a living. The forecaster said this summer will be a record breaker. It's just sad how much I miss the Rocky's
hit.gif

That's it Margie, you just made the list
tongue.png
This winter will be the worst on record because this summer will as well. My brother lives in Phoenix and it's like 120 there. Death Valley should hit almost 140.

As an AZ native who knows where she was when it hit 127(The parking lots were softening) he has my sympathy. We haven't had much moisture but I'll take the cool
big_smile.png
. My girls are really enjoying it too!

Solar whatsimum? I'm just used to making maps for a living. The forecaster said this summer will be a record breaker. It's just sad how much I miss the Rocky's
hit.gif

Miss the Rockies? I is cornfused ... you're still here in CO, aren't you?

I assume you mean lots of snow when you say bad winter? I hope so, we surely need the moisture. We have not been getting the rain many of you have, although the temp is cooler, and I'll take that.

Okay, I know this is a pretty dumb question, but what are the advantages of fermented feed over regular feed? Just wonderin'

It is not a dumb question, I asked it when I first started hearing about it too, that's how we learn. One advantage is that it makes the proteins in the food more bio-available to the birds, ultimately resulting in lower food to egg/meat conversion, and it also has the benefit of far less waste. It may also make other nutrients in the food more digestible, softening the husk on grains. In the case of my Egyptian Fayoumis, I think the added moisture in the food has been beneficial to this desert breed. They don't drink as much water as other breeds, but grew well. This is a smaller breed built similar to leghorns, which are known for laying, and the EF is also known to lay well, although the eggs are not usually large/extra large. Mine are nearly at POL and I am excited :)

Wendy, Are you going to order the stamp set, and do your labels yourself? Or do they come pre printed? Has been awhile since I looked into labels.

P Funk, The Solar Maximum explained here..... off the Nasa.gov site, "The sun goes through a natural solar cycle approximately every 11 years. The cycle is marked by the increase and decrease of sunspots -- visible as dark blemishes on the sun's surface, or photosphere. The greatest number of sunspots in any given solar cycle is designated as "solar maximum." The lowest number is "solar minimum."
The solar cycle provides more than just increased sunspots, however. In the sun's atmosphere, or corona, bright active regions appear, which are rooted in the lower sunspots. Scientists track the active regions since they are often the origin of eruptions on the sun such as solar flares or coronal mass ejections.
The most recent solar minimum occurred in 2008, and the sun began to ramp up in January 2010, with an M-class flare (a flare that is 10 times less powerful than the largest flares, labeled X-class). The sun has continued to get more active, with the next solar maximum predicted for 2013."

Cluckgirl, I am on my third day of doing FF, and I have to say my guys love it, they ate more the first day, today they slowed down some. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing? I still keep their feeders full of dry layer also. So they can pick and choose.

Pozee, Great answer!

As an AZ native who knows where she was when it hit 127(The parking lots were softening) he has my sympathy. We haven't had much moisture but I'll take the cool :D . My girls are really enjoying it too!

I lived in Lake Havasu when I was younger...hot hot hot. I don't think I'd ever be able to move back, knowing how hot it gets there.

Back
Top Bottom