Colorado

I finally got a photo of the updated progress on the greenhouse. 16x24 is what the greenhouse structure will be. Then a winter coop will get attached to the back side of it. I sure hope it turns out the way i want it to.

So I assume the South side is the low side in the pic? Keep us updated on progress for sure? In my case the south side is the high side of my structure so I don't know if I should berm or not. I'm hoping my flock will help keep the greenhouse a little warmer a little longer, and that all the glass will help the coop water stay thawed most of the day!

The ladies are doing well. I just built a 7' run off of my tiny (incognito) coop. :D Starting to see some combs getting red. Hopefully we can have more than one fresh egg a day! Went dumpster diving for the materials and a friend gave me a roll of wire so the run was FREE! I love that word.
wee.gif

So I assume the South side is the low side in the pic? Keep us updated on progress for sure? In my case the south side is the high side of my structure so I don't know if I should berm or not. I'm hoping my flock will help keep the greenhouse a little warmer a little longer, and that all the glass will help the coop water stay thawed most of the day!

The coop will actually go on the far side of the foundation. where the retaining wall just starts to curve around but it will attach to the green house. The greenhouse is facing southwest. It actually gets a lot of sun right there. The retaining wall bricks are always warm, even when it is really cold outside. I hope I can get it built in my spare time before it gets too awful cold. I got 4 pieces of the foundation forms in this afternoon. I should be able to speed things up tomorrow and maybe finish the foundation forms in the next couple days. This will depend on how bad the weather is Friday, however. Thanks for the interest in my little adventure. I will definitely keep everyone updated.

BlueJaye- glad you had another hatch! Hope they both do great!

Samsr- that's looking good! I can't wait to see it when it's all done.

Well, I had an eventful day yesterday. I was sick as a dog in the morning, so sick I asked a friend to take care of the boys and drop me at Urgent Care. Urgent Care saw me and referred me to the ER. The ER ran a bunch of tests (never had a CAT scan before) and found out my appendix was in need of removal. The took it out at 10 last night. Now I am back home. I am suppost to spend today resting up. Good thing DH is home and can care for the kids.

Well, I had an eventful day yesterday. I was sick as a dog in the morning, so sick I asked a friend to take care of the boys and drop me at Urgent Care. Urgent Care saw me and referred me to the ER. The ER ran a bunch of tests (never had a CAT scan before) and found out my appendix was in need of removal. The took it out at 10 last night. Now I am back home. I am suppost to spend today resting up. Good thing DH is home and can care for the kids.

That does sound like a fun day, I hope you feel better soon.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds crazy.

Hope you have many more boring days!!!!

We got just shy of 4 inches of snow this am. Horses not happy with the cold rain before the snow started so I guess they will be getting some hay for breakfast and I will see what the new girls will have to say about the snow, being first-timers and all with it. Stay warm!

Back
Top Bottom