Colorado

I set eggs again tonight. 4 Black Ameraucanas, 2 Silver Ameraucanas, and 3 Olive Eggers from my own pure Silver Ameraucana.
fl.gif

On craigslist there is someone in the Brighton area that is selling "egg layer pullets", various breeds. I'm interested in getting a couple of BRs, does anyone have any information about this seller? Thanks.

Scott, how soon/how many? I don't have any myself, but if someone down my way wanted some transported North I'm heading through Colorado Springs to DTC Monday afternoon, if you arrange something and want to meet me somewhere.

Scott, how soon/how many? I don't have any myself, but if someone down my way wanted some transported North I'm heading through Colorado Springs to DTC Monday afternoon, if you arrange something and want to meet me somewhere.

2-4 dozen and I'll take them as soon as someone has that many. I am ready to set! I actually live in Denver now so I could definitely meet you in DTC.

Last edited:
FREEDOM!!!!!! THERE'S DIRT OUT HERE FINALLY!!!!!!!! WE HAVEN'T BEEN OUT OF THE RUN SINCE 2 WEEKS YESTERDAY, WHEN WE MOVED INTO OUR NEW DIGS!!!!!

The tarps are down (but going back up...winds in northern mtns tonight. darn!!!!), the door's open, they all ventured outside and started doing what chickens DO. Peckin' and scratchin'.

They really did look happy; but the new coop was new to them, too, and big, and full of new dirt they'd never seen before under dry fresh straw...so they didn't get too bored. I even threw their feed around everyday (along with a little BOSS and Scratch and Mealworms/Crickets) so they'd have something to do on these snowy or windy or freezing cold days. Especially the days the tarps stayed up so they could be outside.

We're getting our tail feathers, everyone!

That's awesome! Mine won't step out in the snow unless there is dirt that they can step on. But then, this winter, they got sick of it, and tried out the snow for the first time. We had gotten a lot of rain a week ago, and it melted a lot of the snow. Now it's mud.. And my girls love mud..

Picked up my chicks today from Elizabeth; three EEs, a Dark Brahma, and a White Rock. I decided to try out the EcoGlow brooder this go around. I was worried that they wouldn't go under it but after about 15 min of exploring their new home they have all settled underneath and are so quiet! I have never had chicks this quiet so I am guessing that they are happy. Last year I had a heck of a time with my heat lamp and timer, there were a few times that I got home to find my chicks panting because the timer had stopped working. I am thinking this year will be much safer and I will feel better when I am not home. I am trying a new brooder housing as well. I have a pop up dog crate that is really big. I set it up in our crawlspace. More room for the chicks, I only had three last year so the box I built is going to be too small very quickly. Good ventilation and our crawlspace stays nice and warm thanks to the furnace down there. Hope all the changes work out as planned.

Back
Top Bottom