Colorado

Hey thanks. I had all that stuff not loading to save time and space, but actually I guess the avatars and such are interesting. I never would have noticed
idunno.gif
. Maybe they should add clueless to mine as well!

Hi my fellow Coloradoans
smile.png
. I live in Denver and got our first 5 chicks this morning from my daughters preschool. The hatched them and have been doing some animal science learning
smile.png

We are allowed to have up to 8 chickens here but no roosters, the problem is, of the 5 chicks that hatched, I am sure one or more will be roos!!

Be safe and enjoy the Colorado weather!!!!
That is how I acquired our first chicks. We hatch chicks in our kindergarten class and two of the ECE classrooms do too. I picked 6 out of about 20 chicks and I managed to get 5 roosters! I hope you have better luck than I did. This year we are also hatching ducks which I will be looking to find a home for as I am maxed out in Denver with birds.

Pozees: I don't know if you still interested but there is somebody selling their flock of M.Whites in Byers.
The add is on craigslist, was post it 20 hours ago.

I hatched 6 White Bresse but one looks pretty iffy, still in the incubator, had to help it out, and pretty sure it will not make it. I only want to keep a couple so three will be available.

Also hatched 5 Salmon Faverolles, all available.

Will update my ad in Buy Sell Trade in the morning, just wanted to let you all know first. PM if interested.

The wind has really picked up here, must be northern part of what is moving through TX, and OK, is really blowing hard!!!  No way to work outside.......    ;(

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in going in on an order of rare geese?  Please PM me if you are interested, they would be available in May.  Thanks!

Hi sun catcher, what kind of rare geese? I have an order of 4 Pilgrims and 4 mini Pilgrims coming in late May. I may not be keeping all of them.

Last edited:
Had a brief power outage last night. Checked on my new replacement Genesis 1588 unit this morning. The digital thermometer read 104.5. I opened the unit up and the eggs were really hot. It's Day 8. When I remove the lid and replace it, the temp immediately climbs back to 104.5 no matter what I set the temp to. I had it plugged into a surge protector, and my Brinsea Mini Advance is chugging along just fine.
I can't believe I got two defective units in a row. Seriously, for the price I got it, I could have gotten into an older used cabinet incubator. My last hatch was suspiciously draggy, (started Wednesday night and finished Sunday morning), and I've never had a hatch like that, but since I got 80% hatch I wasn't complaining. I am seriously disappointed with the Genesis. Would not recommend to anybody!

They must have some kind of manufacturing problem, I hope they make good on it! Do you have another thermometer you can put in it, to see if it reads the same as the built in lid termperature? I have heard nothing but good about the Genesis batores.

Pozee, I have helped out a few too, sometimes they bounce back, may take a day or two, main thing to to help them get steady on their feet, I have used a brand new mop head, the cotton kind. Plop it in the brooder, and they will go under it like a broody hen.

That is how I acquired our first chicks.  We hatch chicks in our kindergarten class and two of the ECE classrooms do too.  I picked 6 out of about 20 chicks and I managed to get 5 roosters!  I hope you have better luck than I did.  This year we are also hatching ducks which I will be looking to find a home for as I am maxed out in Denver with birds.
Which school are you at? Let's keep in touch, I may be interested in a duck!!

We are in Platt Park, just west of DU.

Back
Top Bottom