Colorado

This is after i reluctantly got rid of half…
Did you hatch these chicks? What did you do with the other 1/2? and why weren't we notified?
wink.png

Did you hatch these chicks? What did you do with the other 1/2? and why weren't we notified?
wink.png
Sold the other half before they arrived. They came from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. This is our first time doing this and had a bunch of concerns. So far so good.

Good good. They all friendly toward one another i take it?
They are right now. I don't think there is much to worry about until they get older and/or when you introduce new hens to an established flock. At least that how i understand it.

Cute birds and chicks everyone!
I candled my eggs again, day 10ish...and two of PC eggs, that I wasn't sure about are moving, so yay!! I have 14 eggs, as of right now, that I am 100% sure I saw movement in.
After reading so much it is sad to know that odds are against these guys
sad.png
I am trying very hard to not get any hopes up.
Colors? Did you pitch any of the maybes? If some look behind, you will probably have a long drawn out hatch. Hopefully not too long. I'm finally getting brabanter and leghorn eggs every day. I'll try some of the brabanter eggs when a hen goes broody.

Last edited:
Colors? Did you pitch any of the maybes? If some look behind, you will probably have a long drawn out hatch. Hopefully not too long. I'm finally getting brabanter and leghorn eggs every day. I'll try some of the brabanter eggs when a hen goes broody.
There are 2 brown and 2 blue that are for sure alive/moving.
I haven't pitched any yet. I am going out of town Friday, so I will probably look at the ones that aren't moving, and pitch them. I am worried that they will explode while I am gone. None are weeping or smell....I just have no idea what I am doing...

Back
Top Bottom