Colorado

Hey Collene!
welcome-byc.gif

What ever you plan to build, make it easy to add on to......... I am looking at revamping the coop yet again.

Whatcha struggling with coop?

I am struggling with my DAWG. She is a big GSP x St. Bernard mutt who has been smitten with a huge wanderlust. My 2acres are fenced in with an ancient livestock fence, and she is breaking it down, section by section. We are situated on a rather busy county road/Colorado hwy, and she's been caught in the middle of it several times. Good news is that neighbors I haven't even met are flocking to my rescue! They want to help me fix my fence. I am researching in-the-ground wire invisible fences. Did you know that you don't have to bury the wire. You can pin it to the ground, zip tie it to barbed wire, or even staple it to wood. I will probably order something today, possibly a Petsafe YardMax. I have her tied out for the time being, but she needs to run. Just when she's decided to be one of the flocks.
1f629.png

Looks like it has been cold out west. Myfamily and I are currently in TN visiting my parents for christmas. It has been a bit rainy but it has been in the 70's here at the moment. We have a friend animal and house sitting for us at the moment. The trip back starts tomorrow. Looks like i have a lot of rain to drive through and then into the cold weather.
I looked around for hatching eggs but have not had any replies on the west TN thread. It is not as active as our colorado thread.

Welcome back to cold

I am struggling with my DAWG. She is a big GSP x St. Bernard mutt who has been smitten with a huge wanderlust. My 2acres are fenced in with an ancient livestock fence, and she is breaking it down, section by section. We are situated on a rather busy county road/Colorado hwy, and she's been caught in the middle of it several times. Good news is that neighbors I haven't even met are flocking to my rescue! They want to help me fix my fence. I am researching in-the-ground wire invisible fences. Did you know that you don't have to bury the wire. You can pin it to the ground, zip tie it to barbed wire, or even staple it to wood. I will probably order something today, possibly a Petsafe YardMax. I have her tied out for the time being, but she needs to run. Just when she's decided to be one of the flocks.
1f629.png

Oh darn, well at least she is safe and not in the middle of the road. That is nice your neighbors want to help you.

On the coop, is it ever really done? The work, I mean, seems like we are continual tweeking things.

Oh darn, well at least she is safe and not in the middle of the road. That is nice your neighbors want to help you.

On the coop, is it ever really done? The work, I mean, seems like we are continual tweeking things.

DARN is right. She IS safe, but boy is she upset. Yeah, chickens have a way of keeping you constantly involved with them. Seems like most of what I do or try to do is being continually undone by either the chicks, the weather, or just plain change. If only I would quit incubating or divest myself of some roosters, I for sure wouldn't have to struggle so to stay just one step behind. Yep, it's good that I have great neighbors.

Coop, you are going to have to shave her neck for the collar to work and the only thing is that, hopefully she is dumb, because the smart/ determined ones can figure out that they can run though the fence and then be okay, they just won't come back. My neighbor's have such a fence and most times it works, but when something is up, their dog will just brave the fence and go for it.
There may be some units out there now that address this issue? Don't know.

Back
Top Bottom