Colorado

Uzi, whose eggs are you incubating???? I am hoping you get peachicks from your pretty birds!

I am also wondering about the goslings PC. I hope you got a good hatch!
I wish the eggs were from the peahens! They either still haven't started laying or they have a nest hidden really well. There's definitely "fertilization" happening, so I'm hoping I catch one of them sitting on a nest pretty soon. They're just random chicken eggs - one that is developing is from my tiny d'Anvers, though, and I am super excited to see if that one hatches. :D

Hello, new people! I'm pretty partial to the bantam breeds, but I'm not using my flock for eggs or meat. I just like having them around! :)

Hello everyone,
Im new to this and live in Arvada, west of Denver about 10 miles! I just got my coop supplies so I dont have my chickens quite yet
1f606.png
(planning on getting 4) Cant wait to check this out and watch my birds do funny stuff. My kids are thrilled and hopefully pictures will follow soon of my process from 0-eggs
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

Any and all suggestions would be great!

Feeder supply has been advertising 5-6 week old chicks. Mixed tub but by that age you can identify breed and gender pretty easily. You can skip the brooder and go straight in the coop. You'll also be 6 weeks ahead with eggs.

I had 1 egg hatch yesterday morning! Since none of the others have pip'd yet, I had to make a feather bundle for it so it didn't feel lonely in the brooder. I have 3 eggs remaining in the incubator.

And just when I was getting ready to give up on my peahens ever laying eggs, I found this laying right outside the nesting box! Despite possibly not having a job fairly soon (just filed a discrimination for being disabled grievance on Tuesday), I got the support from my family to try to incubate and possibly raise peachicks if the peahens lay another one within the next week!

Congrats on the chick @uzisuzuki So cute!
love.gif
First peafowl egg, YEAH!
wee.gif
That's so cool. I didn't realize they laid such big eggs. Hope you get lots more. It stinks your job is still going bad. I hope it all works out and you can reduce your stress.

Congrats on the chick @uzisuzuki So cute!
love.gif
First peafowl egg, YEAH!
wee.gif
That's so cool. I didn't realize they laid such big eggs. Hope you get lots more. It stinks your job is still going bad. I hope it all works out and you can reduce your stress.
I had to laugh at myself that I honestly ever thought I would mistake a peahen egg for a chicken egg.
lau.gif
I'm worried I won't be able to fit 1 egg in my tiny Brinsea incubator!

Back
Top Bottom