Colorado

Anyone live near Eaton, Colorado? I just moved here recently, from St Louis and the cross country move wasn't enough of a challenge so I decided to start raising chickens. From city girl to country girl overnight and couldn't be happier so far.

:welcome

Me and mine are not far Deb. We are in Loveland.

Do you have chicks yet?
What breeds are you raising?
How many?
Coop! Must ask about your set up.

Lol lots of questions.
I have 32 at the moment. I keep a variety but my favorites are black Australorp, buff orpington , Cochin's and Brahma.
I have 2 coops one is rather large at 8x14 the other is a 6x8.
:frow

Anyone live near Eaton, Colorado? I just moved here recently, from St Louis and the cross country move wasn't enough of a challenge so I decided to start raising chickens. From city girl to country girl overnight and couldn't be happier so far.
Welcome! What kind of breeds did you start out with?
Happy Chickening!

:welcome

Me and mine are not far Deb. We are in Loveland.

Do you have chicks yet?
What breeds are you raising?
How many?
Coop! Must ask about your set up.

Lol lots of questions.
I have 32 at the moment. I keep a variety but my favorites are black Australorp, buff orpington , Cochin's and Brahma.
I have 2 coops one is rather large at 8x14 the other is a 6x8.
:frow

well I started to reply and my browser stopped and I cannot figure out how to retrieve my saved draft so guess I start again! I have 2 buff, 1 Rhode island red, 1 Cochin, and 1 barred rock. No coop yet. Improvising while I check out designs and collect materials.

Hey Gang, well we are officially out of the chicken business now. Over the course of the last month we have gotten rid of our three different little flocks. They all went to the same gentleman but in stages. The one-year-old roo's went first. Then everyone in englewood which included my BF mother's five-year-old girls and then last our crew from Boulder. It was a sad ending in Boulder as we lost Rocco our BO roo and Left Eye (the bind in one eye Delaware) to a predator. No sign of forced entry but they both were dead in the coop. I am sure Rocco died defending Left Eye. The other two hens we gave up that day as we didn't feel right having them there with no Roosters. Overall it was bittersweet, I will miss them and their various personalities. We will miss the eggs of course. We had birds for 3 years and we did a lot with our original flock, hatching with broodies and incubating. It was a great ride and we enjoyed it. We will have birds again, when we have land that they can free range on. I am grateful and honor my time with these birds and all that they brought to me and mine. Namaste

Hey Gang, well we are officially out of the chicken business now. Over the course of the last month we have gotten rid of our three different little flocks. They all went to the same gentleman but in stages. The one-year-old roo's went first. Then everyone in englewood which included my BF mother's five-year-old girls and then last our crew from Boulder. It was a sad ending in Boulder as we lost Rocco our BO roo and Left Eye (the bind in one eye Delaware) to a predator. No sign of forced entry but they both were dead in the coop. I am sure Rocco died defending Left Eye. The other two hens we gave up that day as we didn't feel right having them there with no Roosters. Overall it was bittersweet, I will miss them and their various personalities. We will miss the eggs of course. We had birds for 3 years and we did a lot with our original flock, hatching with broodies and incubating. It was a great ride and we enjoyed it. We will have birds again, when we have land that they can free range on. I am grateful and honor my time with these birds and all that they brought to me and mine. Namaste

:hugs :hugs

You still gonna come see us?

Every time I step out it's snowing... I'd take the rain at this point.

Had a teenager (one of the smallest) escape through the bars of the run yesterday with my two dogs anxiously waiting for her on the other side. They were worked up, but thankfully listened to me and did not try and eat the chick as she ran terrified between their legs numerous times. I eventually managed to snatch her up while she was frantically trying to figure out how to get back into the fence with everyone else and I deposited her back inside. I was impressed with the outcome of what could have been a bad situation.

COChix,
It has been really quiet here since the conversion.

Please do check in from time to time. I know you will be missed around here.
I was sorry to read about your roos meeting such an end.
You know we will be around when you get set up again. Heck drop in and talk about whatever! That is what's great here, you can drop in just to chat!

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom