Colorado

[QUOTE="uzisuzuki, post: 18466956, member: 3146231462l

Quick Edit: My peahens are still laying eggs. I'd hate for them to go to waste, so if anyone here in CO is interested in hatching some peafowl I'm selling them. I've got 4 that are India Blue (male)/Spaulding Cameo Split Pied (female) and 4 that are India Blue (male)/Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder (female). $5 per egg, if anyone is interested before I put them on CL.[/QUOTE]
I'd be willing to hatch whatever fits in my incubator. It holds 17 goose eggs.

Heck no.
I have my replacement tomatoes in the dang ground! Peas are 2 foot tall and in a covered bed so should be OK. Nothing else but some pansies planted.

Looks like I will be digging them up to bring inside.

Gonna be crazy cold for the middle of May.

It got below freezing last night but I have all of my cabbage starts covered and ready to be snowed on and not crushed. 2 to 3 feet ???? The last time they said this we got 6 feet and so I am making soup and bread and bringing in firewood for a week of cooking on the woodstove. It will be a miracle if we don't lose power!

One good thing being in town is that they tend to get power back up quick. OK that may be the ONLY good thing.

I got Bitty and the kids moved to the big house. They will be easier to tend now.

My raised beds have hoops and heavy plastic so should be fine. Tomatoes..... Still in the ground.

FEET of snow???? Oh my goodness!!!! Well If we get much down here I will be surprised.
At least you have a secondary heat source. Would be much harder with no wood burning option.

Uzi, I do hope folks help hatch all those beautiful peachicks!
Super nerve racking with all 7 developing.
I am rooting for you. You are a smart young lady. Don't let anything drag you down!

Just thought I'd see if there is any interest: I have a black and silver Easter Egger rooster (sold as an Aracauna/Ameraucana at Murdoch's). He is 7 weeks old, currently resides in Littleton. Sweet and good-looking, he just needs a place to crow. Happy to send pics. (Cross posting in the classifieds).

Hey, hope everyone is well and relishing this "awesome" spring weather! My girls are currently huddled in the coup.

I have a odd question but perhaps not all that odd. Does anyone here use a chicken sitter? I'm traveling to Europe for 10 days in August and I worry about the girls more than my dog and cat. Maybe I'm being silly but my hope is to find someone that has knowledge about chickens and their daily needs.

Hi everyone, glad to see BYC up and running again, was so sad that so many things happened and I couldn't post.
1st thing my husband finished the new hen house and I finally got all my chickens out of the green house . It was partially done, but no nesting boxes or doors, so life became easier.

2nd and super exciting My Ameraucana finally started laying, but that's not the best part, SHE LAID 2 EGGS THE 1st day!!! . I was so happy, I heard it could happen, but was told it was really rare.

And finally my daughters class decided to study chickens in life science and asked if I would help incubate eggs. (I have never done this). So I went and got an incubator for the school and brought in 10 eggs. 9 looked great when candling on day 18, 1 never developed. Over the past 36 hours 3 pipped and hatched!!!
Unfortunately because of this ridiculous storm and school being let out early today and the expectations of it being canceled tomorrow, the last day, I had to load up the incubator and take them all home. I have no idea if there is any chance of the other 6 hatching but I intend to keep them in the incubator until Saturday just to see. The 3 chicks are in the brooder box and seem to be doing great!

I hope everyone is fairing well and hopefully soon we can actually start enjoying the outside instead of sitting inside by the fire ❄️

Back
Top Bottom