Colorado

Hi everyone, I'm from Colorado Springs and I have 2 silkie roosters that I need to rehome. I would love to keep them, but the noise isn't acceptable in city limits. Please let me know if you are interested! They are beautiful birds

There's a possibility that our family will be moving from Oregon to Longmont, Colorado within the next year. Since our ducks are part of the family, we'd like to bring them with us.

The biggest problem is where to house them when we first arrive in Longmont. For one, we'll likely have to rent for a few months before buying a house in the area. Secondly, Longmont currently allows backyard chickens, but not ducks, so we're trying to work with the city council to see if we can get a waiver or amendment.

In any case, is there anyone in the Longmont area who would be willing to temporarily board our ducks? We have three female Indian Runner Ducks, so it's not a very large flock.

WAS there anyone at the Big R swap on hwy 24 last Saturday?
If so, were you able to sell anything?
I was there and sold all three 7-month old pullets I really wanted to sell. They all went to the same lady. At first she was only interested in 2 of them. But right as she was looking at them the third pullet laid an egg and the lady suddenly decided to buy all 3. I think she thought the third one was a cockerel because she has a very large comb. :gig

I did take a bunch of chicks too but there wasn't much interest in them. I wasn't too worried about it. I only took them along because I was going anyway and I had already planned to raise the chicks up to 8+ weeks and sell as started pullets.

Hello! Just wanted to share what my last “adopted” rooster looks like now because he’s all grown up & not a baby anymore!
DE3F849E-F956-43E6-88D9-B840793A87AE.jpeg
1EB14FD0-EAB7-4993-8D35-5133F5DE0E35.jpeg

Handsome Bob - not just a clever name! Sparta seems interested in him, but he’s still in the “teenage” phase & doesn’t really know what he’s doing yet.

I’ve also got 10 eggs currently developing in the incubator, so fingers crossed I don’t end up with 10 more roosters or my family is gonna kill me! LOL

Back
Top Bottom