Colorado

ITs been awful! I like to be outside as much as I can with the kids, but we haven’t been out much. Just praying the fires get contained soon. How are you holding up?

So far we are ok. Lots and lots of staying inside here too. Winter will feel EXTRA long.

I took this picture a little over a week ago I think.
IMG_20201014_110030.jpg

Pretty dang smoky at ground level before the wind picked up that day.

ISO of button quail! Around the Brighton area. Does anyone know where I can find some?
I think you'd have a hard time finding any this time of year. My area has a Facebook group called Colorado Country Critters. It's mostly the Falcon and surrounding area but sometimes there are listings from further North. I've seen button quail on there before but not for many months. There might be other Facebook groups closer to you too.

I think you'd have a hard time finding any this time of year. My area has a Facebook group called Colorado Country Critters. It's mostly the Falcon and surrounding area but sometimes there are listings from further North. I've seen button quail on there before but not for many months. There might be other Facebook groups closer to you too.
Thank you! I'm not in a huge rush, I have a male and was maybe trying to find him a buddy. He is not lonely. In fact, he kinda enjoys being alone. I probably would keep him and the other quails separate because he can get a little pecky. I would just like to try to get some baby chicks/or eggs. Buying them online starts to add up.

Hope everyone is having a Covid free holiday.
Santa is bring my mom raised garden beds so I need to get busy on them while we have a window of nice weather.
I already have my first batch of chicks for next year. 5-7 week olds so should start laying before the old girls start back up. Should have 10 extras if anyone needs pullets in March.

Hi everyone!

My wife and I just moved from out of state and are considering the Arvada area to buy a house. We have a need to buy within a neighborhood that allows backyard chickens. The house we're currently looking at is not an HOA and is within district RN-6.

I've searched throughout the City of Arvada online code manual and from what I can tell, residential areas are allowed raising chickens (with limitations of course).

Does anyone here have chickens they raise in Arvada? Can someone confirm we're allowed to have them? I can't find anything regarding needing to get licenses or to get a permit for a chicken coop.

Thanks ahead of time!

Welcome to Colorado.
Can't help you with chickens in Arvada but it does have some beautiful old neighborhoods. I'm always surprised with the number of horse boarding operations tucked into small parcels right off major roads. Jefferson county has done a lot to preserve it's agricultural background and has a superior horse friendly network of trails and open space. If they can put up with horses, what's a few chickens?
Most of the metro Denver area does allow chickens without permits . Just stay out of the HOAs. Wheat Ridge has a great feed store right on Wadsworth with a great knowledgeable chicken staff.

Greetings all, hope everyone had a safe holiday :) I just ordered some Whiting True Blue Pullets from McMurray, scheduled to arrive the week of February 15, 2021, I ordered because I want a handful but had to order 25, so if anyone in/near Pueblo wants some as new chicks that week I'll sell for what they cost me to have shipped, $5.20 each, as long as they're picked up within a few days of the day I have to pick up from post office, which should be 2/17-2/18. If anyone wants them as started pullets around 4 weeks of age, so the week of 3/15, they will be $15 each. This is a new breed for me so I'm not 100% sure what to expect, but they should be good layers of large blue eggs and similar in body type and temperament to Mediterranean breeds, as they are a Leghorn x Ameraucana cross.

Back
Top Bottom