Colorado

I have two buff orpington hens (hatchery type) that I would like to give away. They have always preferred their own company and probably should not be kept with other hens so these would be best for someone who is looking for just two hens. They never touch each other but just pecked my absolute favorite hen to death
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
. The sooner they go the better, I am pregnant and hormonal and can hardly look at them after the loss of my hen. They are very friendly with people and will follow you around the yard and greet you when you come outside and ask you for treats. They are a year old this month and just started laying in January and February and usually lay 6-7 eggs each per week. If anyone wants them for free and as soon as possible let me know. Thanks

Edited to add their eggs are large as well.

8a52fae1.jpg

Last edited:
Great find on your brooder, wish I came up with ideas like that! The new goats seem to have settled in wonderfully. Anyone looking for goats Angoras are super mellow, quiet and not escape artists like some of the other goats. I swore I would never have goats again after my last ones. They were Nubian and an Alpine cross, very sweet but super high strung and would get into everything. New chicks coming in this week Silver Sussex and rare colored Silkies, cant wait to see them. Also hoping to get a Silver Birchen Marans roo to breed with my Blue Marans. Beautiful Buff Orp hens on that last post, I will keep my ears open.

Yahoo:woot I got my 4 fuzzybutts today!!! I think they are 2 barred Plymouth? and 2 RIR? well something with a state and "red" in it. After checking, I believe they are New Hampshire Reds.

My four dogs are fascinated. I put them in an aquarium and the dogs are taking turns sitting on an ottoman in front of them, watching with fascination.
thumbsup.gif
:ya:weee:celebrate

Susan, Denver

Last edited:
I'mACountryGirl :

Hey - I have a nice buff orpington rooster from hinkjc here on BYC that would go great with those buff hens. He is just about a year old, also. If whoever takes those hens would like him, let me know!

Enabler to the Max!​

I am half an hour or so outside of Grand Junction. I have 17 chickens almost all of them are a different breed. I hope to always have chickens. I watch mine for long periods of time just like you and enjoy it too.

Back
Top Bottom