Colored Rangers..processing results at 13 weeks.

Hi Shelly,

Wilcox's really must have been colorful this morning with all the colored range birds. I took mine in to be processed today also. They were just short of 12 weeks, so I can't wait to see how big they were (50 birds). I processed 4 myself last week and they were 4-4 1/2 lbs.

Ellen

Quote:
They are completely different birds.

I've tried to find information on the K-22s all over the internet and have come up blank. Can you explain the difference between the Redbros and the K-22s?

I can't say I know much about the K22s and have been curious about them myself. I should have said "in my opinion they are different" or "I assume they are different". For all I know Joel ships his birds to Moyers as K22s. With that said, the hatcheries sell various red and black broilers which are American hybrids, not the French stock that Rangers come from.

Last edited:
There were a couple of gentlemen there picking up there birds when I arrived. They kept looking over at my tank of birds with curiosity. They had seen them earlier in the day, and were really interested in them. They made sure to ask me twice what breed and hatchery they were from (J&M) so that they could go home and look them up. I'm trying to make some more converts. I want to see some type of colored range birds when I go to the 4-H fair next year!
big_smile.png

Hi Had the exact experience yesterday when I brought my 40 Rangers in for processing. I was in Lancaster County - where Moyers has a good reputation...
a gentleman with a weekly shipment of 100's of birds - commented in the quality -

They are great to raise - mix well with my other birds as long as I keep food and lots of water available - mine free range..all healthy and hearty

my processing cost is $ 1.75 a bird/ w/out gizzard - $ 1.95 with gizzard and plus .60 to cut up -

appreciate everyone who has posted feed costs etc!

Quote:
Somewhere, a post office is missing its scale.
lol.png

I paid $40 for that stupid thing and it only lasted 3 months. I should have sent it back. Get it? Send it back? I crack myself up.

Back
Top Bottom