Colored Sebastopal Geese - New Photos

Quote:
MP not sure if you've been getting shipped hatching eggs but that might be a factor too. As you know the jostling during shipping doesn't help plus I've heard waterfowl are harder to hatch out than chickens. I never used an incubator until a few years ago (prior to that always used a broody hen) when I started artificially hatching out waterfowl so I didn't know any better.
Ignorance is bliss.
I do pretty good. I must get around 75% hatch rate....give or take depending on the batch.
Do you have any issues with the eggs not drying down properly?
Some people advocate much lower humidity than the standard. I run mine 45-50%.
But no matter what one does...too many factors can screw things up.
Thats why I let somebody else do the nail biting work and bought goslings and adults when I started out.
Best wishes on your hatch!
thumbsup.gif

My hatch rate is similar to yours. I just started hatching them last year myself. While I wish every egg would hatch I am very happy to have the few I have.

Hi
big_smile.png

I have a grey girl like the photo above, a blue male (her father) and 2 blue splash males. The splash males are in breeding pens with white hens that have a fair amount of blue feathers on back and wings (I am assuming they carry the saddleback gene).... so what I will get out of them is a mystery to all :))
This summer if you want to trade blood lines we can do that, You are close enough we could meet halfway.

If you want the address for our new sebastopol forum PM me. We have LOTS of photos there, and you can see my colored sebbies, and Vickys saddlebacks.... we are all so excited about breeding season this year!!

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion-That is Zoey who is their (your eggs) SISTER . If you get a gray that is what the grown girl should look like. Mom is Zeena, smooth white and Dad is Zander gray. The girls should be gray and curly, the boys should be splashes and smooth. You should have zero wing probs. The children of this pair are throwing very nice offspring.
Dad was bought as an Adult from Holderreads, Zeena I hatched from parents from Holderreads.

Last edited:
Thank you! I thought you saidthis one was the mom. My mistake!

So the coloring and the curly is sex-linked when bred th way you did?

Several of us are working on it! We have some formulas worked out, but
they are not carved in stone! This years breeding's are going to tell us a lot! Not much info on colors of Sebs! There does seem to be some degree
of color sexing that can be depended on.

Back
Top Bottom