Coloring of Silkie Chicks

patmac

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 10, 2010
Vermont
Hello,
I have a question pertaining to what color chicks might be possible.

We have a white silkie rooster and a white silkie hen. We also have a splash silkie rooster and a splash silkie hen all have all been very active this spring.
One of our other bantam hens decided she would be more than willing to hatch the eggs for the silkies while they do there business. Two of the four eggs we let her sit on have hatched.
But the coloring of the first one to hatch, appears to be partridge colored, has us guessing as to what might be possible for the coloring of future chicks.
We are very new to raising chickens but we are having a blast watching what we call the chicken channel. (Of course in reference to not turning our TV on as much)
46862_img_4477w.jpg

46862_img_4478w.jpg

Last edited:
Deffinetly partridge but she could be a blue partridge or have the gene to produce blue partridge.
Cute!!! My silkie hen just hatched little babies one i gave her from out black btm cochin and it hatched. Good luck to you!!!Hope to see some more little peepers.

I bet you'll have some blue and splash coming soon!!!!!!!!! I have my first one somehow from a calico(partridge roo?) and some black buff white and blue hens so idk where that came from.!!! lol

So we ended up with 3 partridge and 1 splash. Go figure.
How did 2 white Silkies not create a white silkie chick?

46862_img_4575.jpg

Back
Top Bottom