1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coloring on this Naked Neck

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WyoChickenMamma, Mar 28, 2012.

1. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Well this little chick, Nellie, was solid black when she came a week and a half ago. Well she did have a little white feathering in her bowtie and a bit on her face. This morning she was in the sunlight and I noticed some red coming in on her wings. The first pic is of here at one week old, the next two are ones I took today at 1.5 weeks with the red coming in on her. Any ideas of what I can expect her to feather out into as an adult? Really hoping this doesn't mean she could be a he! I ordered only pullets, but we all now how that can go awry sometimes. Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]
    Here is Nellie and her friend Nala...she does have some white on her breast and that white spot on her face.

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic of her wing, sorry for the pic quality...it was with my phone.

[​IMG]
    And here is the last one of her whole body...see the reddish brown on her wings?

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    I think the yellowish colored one is a Buff Naked Neck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by