Colors of day old Easter Eggers? & a few other ??'s

newchickmom09

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2009
ARIZONA
I got my chicks from MPC yesterday and three are easter eggers. I was wondering what you call there colorations or if there isn't any special name for them. Also does anyone have pics of there baby chick easter eggers I could compare??? I would love to see them.
big_smile.png
Oh one more question, I thought easter eggers are supposed to be a medium/smaller bird and ours are the biggest compared to the austrolorps and wandottes I ordered.

Fluffy (her cheeck feathers cover her eyes
cool.png
) She has about three different shades of brown on her
100_1837.jpg

Beauty (my son picked that out)She has brown and tan stripes down her back.
100_1839.jpg

Monroe (after Marilyn Monroe) She is all yellow with a darker yellow on her head.
100_1844.jpg

Last edited:
Im pretty surre the last one will most likely be buff coloring with maybe some cream added in there.

HEheheheheheheh

Give me a couple minutes and I'll dig up some picture as adults with other breeds....
basicaly they can look like anything?

Yes, and the first picture the chick has a CM mom and a EE dad.​

Last edited:
Here are my three adult EE's.
Black Mama - due to her coloring. she is the only one that has tufts on her face.
31148_flock_july09_010.jpg

Bald Mama - um, well our roo's fav, need I say more?!? lol
31148_flock_july09_008.jpg

and Mama - she just hatched her first babies, one yellow, one black colored.
31148_flock_july09_026.jpg

Here are some EE/Buckeye crosses I hatched this Mother's day, not sure genders yet. In the second pic you can see bald mama in the background.
31148_dsc_0188.jpg

31148_flock_july09_006.jpg

I just hatched five chicke out of blue eggs. Only one has green legs and two have cheek tufts. Four of them are going to be variations of beige/ wheaten/ cream, and one is a crazy multi- brown. No pics yet. Your fluffies are very cute!

Back
Top Bottom