Colors of day old Easter Eggers? & a few other ??'s

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by newchickmom09, Aug 5, 2009.

1. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I got my chicks from MPC yesterday and three are easter eggers. I was wondering what you call there colorations or if there isn't any special name for them. Also does anyone have pics of there baby chick easter eggers I could compare??? I would love to see them. [​IMG] Oh one more question, I thought easter eggers are supposed to be a medium/smaller bird and ours are the biggest compared to the austrolorps and wandottes I ordered.

Fluffy (her cheeck feathers cover her eyes [​IMG]) She has about three different shades of brown on her
    [​IMG]

Beauty (my son picked that out)She has brown and tan stripes down her back.
    [​IMG]

Monroe (after Marilyn Monroe) She is all yellow with a darker yellow on her head.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Songster

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Im pretty surre the last one will most likely be buff coloring with maybe some cream added in there.

HEheheheheheheh

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Here are pictures of some EEs and EE-crosses:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    great pics....basicaly they can look like anything? Are they larger or smaller bird?

5. Cats Critters

Give me a couple minutes and I'll dig up some picture as adults with other breeds....
    basicaly they can look like anything?

Yes, and the first picture the chick has a CM mom and a EE dad.​

6. Cats Critters

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture one of my adult EE hens Kentucky Derby (KD) Is in the center (cream and white) I'd say their about average size.

7. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Cats Critters~ what does CM mean? [​IMG] chick newbie still but learning!

8. Cats Critters

CM- Cuckoo Maran
    and no Question is a dumb question [​IMG]

9. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Songster

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Here are my three adult EE's.
    Black Mama - due to her coloring. she is the only one that has tufts on her face.
    [​IMG]
    Bald Mama - um, well our roo's fav, need I say more?!? lol
    [​IMG]
    and Mama - she just hatched her first babies, one yellow, one black colored.
    [​IMG]
    Here are some EE/Buckeye crosses I hatched this Mother's day, not sure genders yet. In the second pic you can see bald mama in the background.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. catwalk

catwalk Songster

May 19, 2009
    I just hatched five chicke out of blue eggs. Only one has green legs and two have cheek tufts. Four of them are going to be variations of beige/ wheaten/ cream, and one is a crazy multi- brown. No pics yet. Your fluffies are very cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: