Colors of day old Easter Eggers? & a few other ??'s

OMG they are adoreable with those cheeks! So- what colors could chipmunk ones be?
I'm going to get 2 from a member nearby. I'm hoping they won't turn out black! Too many black birds around here these days.

HappyMtn~ I don't know what they will look like..lol

6littlechickies~did all of your EE have the cheeks as chicks or just Black Mama?

All three of mine have greenish color legs and cheeks.
Will mine keep there cheeks or do they out grow them? The brown chicks cheeks are just twice the size of the other's cheeks.

Here are four of my EE's as chicks and then pictures of them at 10 weeks old.

Here is Blue Berry as a baby.
23509_dsc02611.jpg

Blue berry at 10 weeks old
23509_dsc02924.jpg

This is Cream Puff as a baby
23509_dsc02609.jpg

Cream Puff at 10 weeks old
23509_dsc02921.jpg

Oreo as a baby...(the white one)
23509_dsc02750.jpg

Oreo at 10 weeks old
23509_dsc02969.jpg

Chocolate Orange Truffle as a baby
23509_dsc02751.jpg

Chocolate Orange Truffle at 10 weeks old
23509_dsc02942.jpg

ging3rhoffman ~ beautiful pics I am glad to see that they kept there cheeks, I love that about the EE. I would have never been able to match the chicks with the 10 week old, they look totaly different. Thank you for sharing.
love.gif

Forgot to say love the names!

Last edited:
newchickmom09 - just black mama (of the three adults) has/had the tufts. she had them from the beginning. of the ones I hatched earlier one for sure does and one more might too, out of 6.

Quote:
Now that is some wonderful variation and some BEAUTIFUL EEs!

....ETA... and all the names fit perfectly!

Last edited:
I am hoping mine come out with a lot of variation like yours. They probably will because all three are way different. All three have cheeks so hopefully they keep them.
fl.gif

That is what i love about the EE's, watching them grow up and change so much. Then you just cant wait to see what color of eggs they will lay. I have five older girls that are now 21 weeks old, they started laying at 17 weeks old. One out of the 5 still hasnt laid yet. So, not only are they neat to watch grow up, its super neat to see what color of egg each one will lay. (The little soft brown colored egg is from my silver laced wyandotte)

23509_dsc02912.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom