Colour combinations

nikirushka

Songster
6 Years
Dec 2, 2014
I'm trying to figure out some likely colours in my unhatched eggs and just getting confused!

Parent birds: off-white roo (example pic below); british range roo with white genes (single white wing feather and a spot on his throat); british range hen; 2 italian X jumbo hens; 2 italian hens; 1 gold hen.

One chick hatched so far is white with a dark spot on its head.

What might be the parents of that one and what might I get if I can get the remaining eggs to hatch? I've just been expecting whites because the white roo is doing most of the work and I cracked one egg open to find another white chick but looking at the genetics, I'm none the wiser and now wondering if I might get some tuxedos possibly (I really,*really* want some tuxedos!).

I don't know about the background of any of the birds beyond two being half jumbo so I can't look at history.

I can't get a decent picture of the white roo but this pic is what he looks like, without the dark spots, but lighter overall. From a little way away, he looks like a dirty white:

Last edited:
Hi. Sorry i have no clue what the colours would be! I was going to incubate some button quail eggs of mine in summer if they would lay at all but the door was left open and all escaped!!!
hmm.png

Oh noooo!

One chick is out - tibetan tuxedo
big_smile.png
Number two has pipped, I am waiting with bated breath to see what comes out!

Back
Top Bottom