Coloured egg May hatch-a-long

Local farm eggs that are sold at the grocery store.
19m.PNG

My colored eggs that made it to lockdown (21) 14 hatched so far and waiting on 2 more.
19r.PNG
19t.PNG
19s.PNG

The 3 above are the newest, the black one does have a butt that must have stuck to the egg, I doubt it will make it. The top 3 will stay in the incubator.
Below are the first 11 to hatch.
19u.PNG

Hopefully my first set of colored eggs will be hatching tomorrow or Sat!!!! I had 11 before. I checked today and some were completely dard so hard to tell if movements, some looked a couple days behind, and 2 were shadowing but not internally pipped yet. Hopefully all goes well with the hatch. My broody has been going back to different boxes the last couple days. Only good thing is while she isn't on them if I am not home then most of the time the others are on them laying so it helps keep them warm.... But worried if that happens when they start hatching...... Guess we see how it goes.

so of course I had some internal pips this morning. Well my broody went out and came back and went to the wrong box (she has done it off and on the whole time, sometime she will go 2-3 days with going back to the same box other times she will go to a different one each time she goes back. I have tried moving her back to her eggs, moving her to her eggs all in hopes of her staying with ONE box.) I was at work when she didn't go back this time. I was hoping there was going to be a long line of hens laying to keep them warm since it wasn't long after I left so there were like 5 hrs. only one hen sat there laying an egg but thankfully she was on for a bit so then it ended up being about 2.5-3 hrs with noone on them. Came home and candled and had a few external pips. The internally pipped ones and externally pipped ones I saw their beaks moving so that was good. The others were just full so didn't see any movement but hopefully they are still doing good!

2 legbar babies under my broody!!!!! a girl and a boy! a bunch of other pips. didn't check them all more looked for babies and took a quick peek at the eggs near the front. Hopefully LOTS of babies and more pips tomorrow morning!!!!!!
I've got babies as well! Last night a yellow one hatched, and then this morning 8 more hatched. I've got lots of pips, and some of the EE's hatched already. The first EE to hatch was from a green egg.

I've got babies as well! Last night a yellow one hatched, and then this morning 8 more hatched. I've got lots of pips, and some of the EE's hatched already. The first EE to hatch was from a green egg.
Woohoo!!!!! I was wrong both babies weren't CCL . I had 9 babies hatch. 1 poorly marked CCL and 8 ice cream bars. 2 DIS.

Attachments

• IMG_20230521_144358275.jpg
    IMG_20230521_144358275.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 7
Ok, I have a conundrum here. I have two EE's with feathered legs. One white and one brown. The one pictured here is the brown one and seems to have the most feathers on the legs

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    541.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom