1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Columbian Rock at TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by davidr, Mar 20, 2009.

1. davidr

davidr Songster

Jan 22, 2009
    Mokena, IL
    I happen to be in Louisville, KY for work, and stopped by the local TSC
    they had Columbian Rock pullets. I am unable to find a picture of what the adults might look like.

Does anybody have a pic to post or a website I can go to Already tried feathersite.com which wasn't any help this time.

Thanx,

David

2. Huny

Huny Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    I have a picture of columbian rock Bantams does that help?[​IMG]

Not my best picture of my boy/girl.

3. Huny

Huny Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    So wow, is this just not a popular breed? or is it actually sorta rarer? I know I have looked EVERYWHERE for Columbian Rock Bantams to add to my own, and I can't find anything.

4. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Here is a picture from My Pet Chicken of a Columbian Rock hen. They're not very common.
    [​IMG]

5. Huny

Huny Songster

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    Yea you can see the big difference between my bantams and the full sized. I think I am going to take some good pictures [​IMG]

6. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I think columbian rocks are so pretty. I am getting some columbian rock bantams in May and I can't wait! I was thinking of columbian wyandottes next year to replace my layers if Meyers still has them. They were new this year. I haven't found columbian rock LF anywhere. Rocks are my favorite breed for egglaying, but I guess Wyandottes are pretty good too.

7. davidr

davidr Songster

Jan 22, 2009
    Mokena, IL
    I wish I had gotten to a terminal sooner. I would have bought some from the TSC they had at least 50 and several other breeds also.

In Cincinatti now and local TSC don't have chickesn yet.

I have to check the TSC when I get home.

Thanx for the information.

David

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by