Comb has been ripped off

I believe your chick may have a walnut comb. I have a chick that has the same comb type and he got me a little worried but someone on here told me it was a walnut comb forming.

Mine is a cockerel so his is more pink and big, but I don't think their combs were ripped off. There is no visible damage from being ripped off.

That is good news though, that means there is no injury! What breed are they? Mine is, according to what is said on here, a Silver Laced Wyandotte mixed with a Buckeye.

Attachments

• 20240415_102531.jpg
    20240415_102531.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 3
Are you sure it was ripped off? That just looks like how Wyandotte combs look. Wyandottes don’t have big combs like other chickens. They have a different type of comb.
I think you are right. Cause there was no blood that I could see. I thought they had very little spikes on top but they grow and change so fast. Thank you so much for commenting. I feel so much better. But they did get a huge upgrade last night with a much larger pen. Thanks again

I believe your chick may have a walnut comb. I have a chick that has the same comb type and he got me a little worried but someone on here told me it was a walnut comb forming.

Mine is a cockerel so his is more pink and big, but I don't think their combs were ripped off. There is no visible damage from being ripped off.

That is good news though, that means there is no injury!
Thank you so much. I am so relieved. I was wondering why I didn't see any blood. They got a huge upgrade last night with a bigger pen. They are loving it. Jumping all over. Thanks again.

I think you are right. Cause there was no blood that I could see. I thought they had very little spikes on top but they grow and change so fast. Thank you so much for commenting. I feel so much better. But they did get a huge upgrade last night with a much larger pen. Thanks again
Of course! Mine was the same way! I am happy your little chicks were not injured.
What breed are they?

You’re very welcome

I agree. The chick has a rose comb, which is normal and healthy for a Wyandotte.
Are rose comb and walnut comb the same? I was told that my chick with a comb like that had a walnut comb. He is a mix of a wyandotte and buckeye.

Back
Top Bottom