Comb, pea or single?

NagemTX

Dragon Chicken
Premium Feather Member
Apr 14, 2022
Angleton TX
My Coop
My Coop
Is this a single or pea comb? Also no muffs or beard? It came in an order of lavender, blue, and black ameracauna chicks from cackle.
20220806_135124.jpg
20220806_135132.jpg

The male I got is correct has the pea comb and muffs and beard but the 4 females (what was supposta be Ameraucana) all have the single combs and no muffs or beards. Only bread I had in order where ameraucanas on that one(black and lavender) they subed a lavender for a black and I only got one black(it seams correct as well). I wonder what they are?

My other order had the blue ameraucana(these allso seam to be correct), silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben and phoenix (gold and silver).

They are a light gray on top with a white underside. Legs are yellow up to the knee then start becoming greenish/slate.
20220806_124347[1].jpg

Last edited:
So after look through all the chick pictures on their site I think they are either blue or splash Standard Old English.

An order from McMurray about 20 years ago included 10 Silver Laced Wyandotte. When the chicks started to mature, they did not have laced feathers and were pure black. When I checked the order form shipped with them, they had substituted Black Australorp. A call clarified that if I was not willing to accept substitutes, I had to check a box on the order form. This was totally unacceptable to me as I had called in the order and was not even asked whether or not substitutes were acceptable. If asked, I would not have accepted subs. You might check to see if Cackle did something similar to your order.

I have used their form for that. Says should hear from them in two days. I'll call on Monday if I haven't .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom