Comb, pea or single?

NagemTX

Dragon Chicken
Apr 14, 2022
Angleton TX
My Coop
My Coop
Is this a single or pea comb? Also no muffs or beard? It came in an order of lavender, blue, and black ameracauna chicks from cackle.
20220806_135124.jpg
20220806_135132.jpg

The male I got is correct has the pea comb and muffs and beard but the 4 females (what was supposta be Ameraucana) all have the single combs and no muffs or beards. Only bread I had in order where ameraucanas on that one(black and lavender) they subed a lavender for a black and I only got one black(it seams correct as well). I wonder what they are?

My other order had the blue ameraucana(these allso seam to be correct), silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben and phoenix (gold and silver).

They are a light gray on top with a white underside. Legs are yellow up to the knee then start becoming greenish/slate.
20220806_124347[1].jpg

Last edited:
An order from McMurray about 20 years ago included 10 Silver Laced Wyandotte. When the chicks started to mature, they did not have laced feathers and were pure black. When I checked the order form shipped with them, they had substituted Black Australorp. A call clarified that if I was not willing to accept substitutes, I had to check a box on the order form. This was totally unacceptable to me as I had called in the order and was not even asked whether or not substitutes were acceptable. If asked, I would not have accepted subs. You might check to see if Cackle did something similar to your order.

Back
Top Bottom