comb turning white **NEW UPDATE ON COMB**

Quote:
it wont do anything, i would get some anti-fungal powder (im against creams because that just adds moisture) !
And i would still add the vitamins....they never hurt when a chicken is sick.

My thought is that it could be fungal too, esp. with your mention of rain and heat, and I second that if that's the case he needs an antifungal medication NOT an antibiotic. I don't know if a powder will get into all the nooks and crannies of his comb as easily as a cream though. You could try applying an OTC athlete's foot cream or powder over a couple of days and watch for improvement - should start working pretty quickly.

I'm guessing Thrush (fungus) infection, too. Do not give antibiotics - especially do not use antibiotic creams like Neosporin on it. It will only make it worse. I would try Miconazole vaginal cream (used by women to treat vaginal yeast infections). You can rub that into his comb/wattles a couple of times a day. If it is fungus, you should see some improvement in 2-3 days, but don't stop using the cream. You need to keep up treatment for at least a week.

BTW - I found a BYC thread that might have some other helpful info. There's photos, too, so you can compare with what you're seeing on your roo. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1875436

Back
Top Bottom