Come hatch along with us!!! Last sets of the year! 10-18 to 11-7

Silverduck or Brook
.Do you know? i always set my eggs in the AM.. Write day One the next day...This bunch i set at 10 pm .I considered it day 20 today as usally saidday one the next day...but will it be day 20 now or tonite or tomorrow?
.I know their is a formula forgot what...
Just wondered.
Dont think i see any action but one seems to rock. Might have been me rocking the bator looking in though
pop.gif

You are correct the day after you set is day 1(24 hours) after you set. Today at 10am would be day 20 if you set them on Oct 18 @ 10:00am. You are into the beginning of day 21. Tomorrow at 10:00am you will have had 21 full (24 hours/day) days of development.

Well, the duckling was dead.:hit

[/quote

I'm so sorry i know how much this little meant to you.Hopefully your mom will let you get you some more.
I put 4 more chicken eggs into lockdown today and 1 mallard thou when i candled the mallard i think it has died.No movement or veins. but put it in lockdown cause i still have hope its still got a chance. 2 of my eggs are rocking. :)

Yesterday all of mine were supposed to have hatched or started pipping. When I arrived home from work I noticed another one out. Yay! Put it in the brooder with it's buddies. I became a little concerned when I didn't see any other pips or hear any cheeping....so I decided to snatch a few and candle them. Dead. ALL dead. Some pipped internally, others drown in liquids.

I HATE incubating. But cannot stop. It's like a crazy obsession. I did everything spot on this time around. I think the only problem is that I have a piece of junk incubator that cannot keep a temperature stable. It constantly fluctuated (95-99). EVEN with me adding things to better the sensitivity. Here's a hint. Don't by an LG incubator. They are crap. And if you do like one it is probably because you have spent enough modifying it to make it as good as the regular ones out there. My chick development was so spotty. Some were clearly not ready to try and hatch. Dead. Some pipped but then weakend and died. Most drown. ARGH#@!!!!

So now I have three chicks. Each worth $15 a piece at birth. This just downright sucks. I feel so bad for the chicks who struggled to survive but didn't. I wish I had known. I couldv'e done something then.

Here's a big thanks to LG though for telling me never to skip on quality. And to never again incubate unless they are under a broody. CHEERS. I'm pouring myself a glass of wine as I type.
hit.gif
rant.gif
he.gif

Update: (and yes ive been tinkering with eggs in the bator already)
I took out one bulb and replaced it with the halogen. The blacklight bulb was insanely hot so it can stay, lol. checking recovery time now

Update: (and yes ive been tinkering with eggs in the bator already)
I took out one bulb and replaced it with the halogen. The blacklight bulb was insanely hot so it can stay, lol. checking recovery time now

Thats great.I would of never thought a blacklight would put off alot of heat.How long does it take to come up to tempature?When you get it done,finished with it completely,you gonna build me one MAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding ;) id love to see pictures.Hey you should join the fall incubator contest.

Thats great.I would of never thought a blacklight would put off alot of heat.How long does it take to come up to tempature?When you get it done,finished with it completely,you gonna build me one MAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding
wink.png
id love to see pictures.Hey you should join the fall incubator contest.
Find me a cooler and get the parts. Ill have a full parts list when I'm done. I'd build one for ya and make it heck of alot cheaper then a gqf. true brand coolers are perfect for it. smaller ones like they have at the check outs at walmart would work. lol. Been looking at a bunch of options to put to use, more or less to make my life easier. Much bigger water supply and humidity is on the board, as well as cooling options to prevent overheats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom