Come Hatch along with Us!!! Setting Oct12-Oct 20th

Hi Everyone,

I set some eggs on 10/12 right after midnight. I got 6 Lavender Ameraucanas and 6 BBS Marans that were shipped eggs. This is my first time trying shipped eggs. I also have 11 bantam cochin eggs in there too. I would like to get a little splash girl out of the cochins, only have one blue hen and the boys are all blue split to red. A splash roo would be welcome too.

I'm happy to find a thread with other people setting the same time
big_smile.png

Oh and I am also hand turning, this time I am keeping a log of my turning times and positions. Also I have noticed my temp drop too when I open up the bator to turn and haven't had a problem with it before. Remember eggs cool off a bit too when mama broody hen hops off to take care of her bodily functions and I would never presume to do a better job at hatching out chicks than her.

Happy Hatching Everyone
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

I just set 19 eggs a few hours ago in my home made cooler-bator. 16 are shipped bbs orpingtons, and 3 are unknown fertility buff orps from my pullet, might add a fourth in a bit if she lays today. I'm giving this whole batch about 50-50 chance. =]

Quote:
Yeah dang shipped rarely get a good hatch . Mine should be here Monday at the PO. totally forgot to pick them up Sat ...DUMB me,Nice start for them ... HAHA.Oh well.

Hey Marine maybe you know ...How old does a roo hsve to be to fertilize the girls?
My one roo is just now trying to crow.Funny
Hes 3 months old now .

Back
Top Bottom