COME LOOK AT MY CHICKIE boy or girl , calling all experts

LOL He tried to fly after my son today when we had him out on my bed to play and ended up plunked right infront of my cat , who jumped like a mile , I guess Im lucky to have a cat with slow mouseing reflexes this is the second chick in like 3 days to land smack dab infront of the cat within inches of his nose and come away unscathed. I think If I could let him run free he would follow my son everywhere
tongue2.gif

When they get older are chickens safe from house cats under supervision? I would NEVER let my cat and chicken play on porpous but if I had the chicken say sitting on the couch with my son could I safely sit with the cat or something when he is bigger.?

My cat is a huge hunter. Wants to kill everything in sight. He has even brought home full grown rabbits! I also saved him from killing a neighbor's cat once, but he leaves the chickens alone!
th.gif
I have no idea why! He'll kill any small animal/reptile/tarantula we bring in the house (except the ferret) so I don't know why he tolerates the chickens, except that he is a little scared of them. He likes to follow me out in the mornings to let everyone out. They usually don't allow him in the barn, but sometimes he sneaks in there.

Maybe your cat will tolerate the chickens, too! Good Luck!

Shelly

judging by the comb, roo! But, on the other hand.... we have a roo named Broom Hilda!
lau.gif
The pics with your son & the peep is too precious! I could'nt get my son to sit still long enough!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom