COME LOOK AT MY CHICKIE boy or girl , calling all experts

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Ok so my single OEGB chick is 23 days old , I thought he was older but I guess I counted wrong.
Here are 2 pics I have of him the full one is from last week and the head shot is from about an hour ago..
What do you see any tell tell signs of gender yet ?

23413_060909_081200.jpg

23413_061509_105300.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know. I think you'll need to wait a little longer. I had an OEGB that was named Roger...we were wrong! So, she was forever known as Roger Trace Adkins.
roll.png
Poor girl!

Seems like they mature a little quicker, and since there isn't any color in her comb yet (that I can see) I'd say wait another week or two.

Shelly

I would guess roo, though I am no expert. Here is a picture of mine at almost 3 weeks old. As you can see by the pictures, they were taken on May 25th. Since then, it has really become obvious who is who. You should not have to wait much longer to have a better idea.
Roo:
30566_100_2509.jpg

Pullet:
30566_100_2507.jpg

Last edited:
Awww pretty pretty , well my chick is 23 or so days old so over three weeks and I think he looks more like the pullet then the roo but maybe its just wishfull thinking , but I dont think his comb is quite as proment as the roo in the pic ..
Thank you for shareing youre pics.. what do they look like as they get older ?

Post a picture of his/her wing feathering. Spread the wing out and take a picture and post it. Sometimes it helps to see the feathering.

Quote:
Yeah, I do agree that the comb on yours is smaller than my little roo, but is bigger that the pullet-LOL. You know, when I really think about it I might change my opinion. His/her comb is really still yellow. Mine got red really early. So maybe yours is a pullet. These are the only ones of this color I have, so I am not sure how they will turn out. Someone told me they would be black breasted red OEGB. Here is a link with a picture:
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/GameBantams/BRKOEGBantams.html
If it was not raining out now, I would go take a new picture of mine to show you. I will try to get one if the rain stops. Yours little chick is very cute!

Back
Top Bottom