Come On AC we want some eggs!

one of my 17 week old babies laid her first egg 2 days ago and another today. not sure who laid it
sad.png
not even sure if it was the same one. here are some of my baby girls

lmao...you could always stick a few fingers on her back side...my layers have four finger spaces between their pelvic bones...their vents are also large and moist...my non-layers don't have that much space between...maybe it would tell you if she is super close or just kinda close?
roll.png

lmao...you could always stick a few fingers on her back side...my layers have four finger spaces between their pelvic bones...their vents are also large and moist...my non-layers don't have that much space between...maybe it would tell you if she is super close or just kinda close?
roll.png

HAHA!
lau.gif
That gave me a funny visual. Hopefully it will work for Starlover because I'm afraid AC isn't letting me get that close to her or her behind. LOL. She's probably close - maybe another 2 weeks? Today she did get up in the coop and acted like she was trying to nest in the corner by the door.
fl.gif

HAHA!
lau.gif
That gave me a funny visual. Hopefully it will work for Starlover because I'm afraid AC isn't letting me get that close to her or her behind. LOL. She's probably close - maybe another 2 weeks? Today she did get up in the coop and acted like she was trying to nest in the corner by the door.
fl.gif

Forget it.
lol.png
. My girl is the flightiest in chicken history! Hey, maybe they can meet up and have a 'who's flightiest contest!'
D.gif

Forget it.
lol.png
. My girl is the flightiest in chicken history! Hey, maybe they can meet up and have a 'who's flightiest contest!'
D.gif

I doubt AC would go for it - she's true to her breed - aloof & a loner. She is only part of the pack when it suits her to get a treat - otherwise she's mostly off by herself. My WL however hangs well with the WL roo -otherwise she's also a loner. Unlike those LOs - who do everything as if they are attached at the hip!

AC was eyeing the nestboxes today - but Smokey squaked at her - so I'm wondering if Smokey's hanging out in them is freaking her out enough that she doesn't want to try to get in there. I have been considering moving a ladder into that area to give the Silkies and LOs a way into the nest box without flying up. I'll give it a try and see if that helps her want to get into them. Smokey is attempting to go broody.

Hmm...is Smokey sitting on fertile eggs? If so, maybe you could move her somewhere to hatch chicks. Of course that's differnet if your trying to break her. Somebody's been in the nesting box today at my place, but only to kick out most of the straw.

Smokey is messing with me! She finally got off the nest and is hanging out in the run. I got her egg & Snow Whites egg quickly. She hasn't gone back there so I don't think she's broody yet

Back
Top Bottom