Come On AC we want some eggs!

Also try cayenne peper! It hasn't worked with my white leghorn yet- but it did get my older hen laying who hasn't in about four months. Worht a try.

Where are my eggs!
barnie.gif

Still no eggs and she's now 25 1/2 weeks old! However she has been getting alot of activity from the rooster - which I know doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of her producing eggs. Her comb is getting pretty beat up from him grabbing her and yanking on it. I feel so sorry for her. He only has 3 ladies he can mate right now and one of those has gone broody! I have noticed the younger ones are starting to come near him and not run off - they are 16 week old Lavender Orpingtons - and they don't look anywhere near laying based on their combs.

And I don't have a clue about my two Silkies - although I think the partridge is a rooster based on attitude, big comb and extra hair pieces sticking out over his back. The splash looks like a girl because of the poof of hair - but I don't know Silkies enough to guess.

At the start of the year I had 3 pullet layers - I was so happy to daily be gathering 2 green eggs & 1 white egg. Well - of those 1 green egg layer died suddenly of unknown causes, now the other is broody and not laying! That means only the White Leghorn is producing 1 egg a day for me until AC starts to lay or Smokey stops being broody (in 21 days from yesterday?) or the LO and Silkies start to lay (end of Feb or March)!
th.gif

Sorry
hugs.gif
. I only have one girl laying too- my 'retired' red sex link. She started a week ago, and has layed about five or six eggs! Those are the first eggs I've gotten in four months! But yeah, my leghorn isn't laying either. She's 33 weeks now. However, her five or six sisters in Kentucky (same hatchery on the same day), who are all white leghorns, are all laying, and all look exactly like her! And so is her sister here who belongs to my neighbor! So I have no idea why she isn't. One of my two black sex links is going into her 'comb sprout', stage, and it's turning beet red, but it's still smaller than a centimeter. Ah well, their only 22 weeks. Sage's (my WL) comb is much bigger than both of my red sex links! Do you have any new pictures of your AC comb?

Who's comb is that on the very bottom of the picture, middle? They look like they could start to lay at the end of the month or so.

Last edited:
Wow! She sure does look ready! It's not bright red though- I wonder if that means she will wait a few more weeks?

Sorry
hugs.gif
. I only have one girl laying too- my 'retired' red sex link. She started a week ago, and has layed about five or six eggs! Those are the first eggs I've gotten in four months! But yeah, my leghorn isn't laying either. She's 33 weeks now. However, her five or six sisters in Kentucky (same hatchery on the same day), who are all white leghorns, are all laying, and all look exactly like her! And so is her sister here who belongs to my neighbor! So I have no idea why she isn't. One of my two black sex links is going into her 'comb sprout', stage, and it's turning beet red, but it's still smaller than a centimeter. Ah well, their only 22 weeks. Sage's (my WL) comb is much bigger than both of my red sex links! Do you have any new pictures of your AC comb?

Who's comb is that on the very bottom of the picture, middle? They look like they could start to lay at the end of the month or so.

That comb belongs to my other rooster, Francis. He's a 16 week old Lavender Orpington. Just started crowing a couple of days ago.

Francis crowing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom