Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Now I’m making all these plans. I could wait until June 18th to get silkies from the local feed store, but then they would be about 4 weeks when I leave for vacation in July. But their always fluffy, so it could work, right? I would want 4-5 chicks so that I would end up with 2-3 females or so (hopefully)

Or I could order 7 from Ideal hatchery, but minimum of 30 dollars in chicks which means we’d need 7 silkies!

Hello humans!

Catching up on notifications.

Sorry that you guys don’t sleep well. :(

Still jet lagged, but got 9 hours of sleep last night! :yesss:

(average between 6-8 usually... I know, I’m lucky)

Hope y’all are doing ok!

Going to return some bedding that I got yesterday that turned out to be moldy. :hmm

Then I’ll pick up some de-wormer... chickens have worms. :rolleyes:

After that I’m going to clean out the coop. (Usually I don’t have to do it much but I added 7 more chicks... more chickens = more poop)

Two of the hens are broody right now too. Joy! They went into the broody “cage” yesterday. (Can you have two chickens in a broody cage together? It’s really big but I’m not sure if it’ll work the same) View attachment 2667562

Well, guess it’s time to get to work instead of being on BYC. :(
Mochi! And another... broody....

Trying to resist getting 3 silkies and a lavender Orpington in June...... I really really really really want to.... it would be an additional 2-3 chickens (hopefully, we would get SR silkies so so I’m assuming 50/50 chance... and can’t keep cockerels)

Not that I’m thinking about it of course!
But the fluffy butts, the cuteness, the fluffiness! No, I’m not considering it. Right? But... gah!
Where are the orpingtons from? Good quality? Or hatchery? 🤨

Now I’m making all these plans. I could wait until June 18th to get silkies from the local feed store, but then they would be about 4 weeks when I leave for vacation in July. But their always fluffy, so it could work, right? I would want 4-5 chicks so that I would end up with 2-3 females or so (hopefully)

Or I could order 7 from Ideal hatchery, but minimum of 30 dollars in chicks which means we’d need 7 silkies!
How much do you care about quality? Ideal has.... erm... not ideal quality...

Back
Top Bottom