Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Ooooo I like you.....

If things don’t work out with Chlcken give me a call.

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

I’m sure @HappyDuckie would love you too. 😉
Yes I really would :)
In fact...

Hey everyone! How are you all today!
I’m doing good! I fully moved the little chickens into the coop with the big chickens yesterday, and they’re doing amazing! Like barely any fighting! It makes me so happy! :wee:weeThe only time I got slightly worried was when one of the smaller chicks got chased by the hens. I wondered why, but realized Luna (the chick) had a worm in her beak and the hens wanted it. Not that unusual.

I’m doing good! I fully moved the little chickens into the coop with the big chickens yesterday, and they’re doing amazing! Like barely any fighting! It makes me so happy! :wee:weeThe only time I got slightly worried was when one of the smaller chicks got chased by the hens. I wondered why, but realized Luna (the chick) had a worm in her beak and the hens wanted it. Not that unusual.

That's great! Glad they're all getting along!

I'm very upset right now. I was supposed to be getting 6 chicks (as some of you know), and they were going to be raised at the hatchery, by a broody hen, to make sure I don't get any boys.
But, the hatchery called me on Saturday and told me that a fox got into the brooding coop through a little hole and killed or injured every hen. He said that he can't raise my chicks now because he needs to fix the coop and rebuild the flock (he also said that he already has the hens, but they were separate during the attack).
I said I would take the chicks now, and just bring him the boys so he could sell them (which he told me he would do). Later, when I thought about the attack, I thought it was a little strange that he can't raise my chicks because the fix (how he described it) would be easy, and he already has the hens. But, I figured I already paid for the chicks, so I might as well get them.
Today, he called me and told me that he can't take the boys after all. He told me I can sell them myself at the auction near him, but that's in NJ and I can't bring animals across the border to sell. So, I would be stuck with boys that I don't want and can't get rid of.
I told him to cancel my order and let me know when his brooding coop is fixed.
But, I'm not even sure I want chicks from him anymore. What do you all think about this situation? Should I still trust him?

I'm very upset right now. I was supposed to be getting 6 chicks (as some of you know), and they were going to be raised at the hatchery, by a broody hen, to make sure I don't get any boys.
But, the hatchery called me on Saturday and told me that a fox got into the brooding coop through a little hole and killed or injured every hen. He said that he can't raise my chicks now because he needs to fix the coop and rebuild the flock (he also said that he already has the hens, but they were separate during the attack).
I said I would take the chicks now, and just bring him the boys so he could sell them (which he told me he would do). Later, when I thought about the attack, I thought it was a little strange that he can't raise my chicks because the fix (how he described it) would be easy, and he already has the hens. But, I figured I already paid for the chicks, so I might as well get them.
Today, he called me and told me that he can't take the boys after all. He told me I can sell them myself at the auction near him, but that's in NJ and I can't bring animals across the border to sell. So, I would be stuck with boys that I don't want and can't get rid of.
But, I'm not even sure I want chicks from him anymore. What do you all think about this situation? Should I still trust him?
I wouldn’t trust him, sounds like he may end up just dumping a bunch of cockerels on you. Usually I’m pretty trusting, but when it comes to live animals you need to be cautious. I’ve learned the hard way over and over again. 😅

No. Never trust someone like that.

Back
Top Bottom