Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Not a doodle fan, they are cute, not my thing though.. I've met too many that where quite literally out of their minds.

the doodle look usually includes a beard, YUCK I will not have a dog tracking food and water all over the place via its beard.

I've seen poodles shaved down the same all the way through the coat.. they look.. not like poodles.

I like mine to have some floof

We don’t talk about doodles. Or designer dogs.

There are so many people who get poodles (mostly doodles) don’t want to brush them, then wonder why you can’t save their coats and have to shave them down.

Yes there are! I love it! This also doesn’t touch on the creative grooming.

Oh wow she sounds like an absolutely amazing dog! :eek: I love Brittanys :love I really want one but I’ve been nervous about their energy as well as how they are with like chickens and small animals?
They are so intelligent and loving and want to please you so badly you can train them easily to be a friend to all of your animals. They love everything. They do love to hunt, but it is easy to get it across to them. I had cats that would sleep on her back. I did not have chickens when I had her, but I know it would not have been a problem. You just have to get it across to her/him that they are not to be hunted and then she will just become friends with them. I think a female would be the better option. They are wonderful dog. Seriously, they are probably more intelligent than a lot of humans. 🤣 They are very high strung though and want to go and go. They also love you so much and want a lot of your attention. They desire to be a family member and treated as such. They will get their feelings hurt if they are not at any time. It is amazing what you can teach her and how easy it is. I could pat my chest and she would jump straight up full body chest high and I would catch her. I even thought about teaching her to drive!:lau To me they are the best of the best.

They are so intelligent and loving and want to please you so badly you can train them easily to be a friend to all of your animals. They love everything. They do love to hunt, but it is easy to get it across to them. I had cats that would sleep on her back. I did not have chickens when I had her, but I know it would not have been a problem. You just have to get it across to her/him that they are not to be hunted and then she will just become friends with them. I think a female would be the better option. They are wonderful dog. Seriously, they are probably more intelligent than a lot of humans. 🤣 They are very high strung though and want to go and go. They also love you so much and want a lot of your attention. They desire to be a family member and treated as such. They will get their feelings hurt if they are not at any time. It is amazing what you can teach her and how easy it is. I could pat my chest and she would jump straight up full body chest high and I would catch her. I even thought about teaching her to drive!:lau To me they are the best of the best.
She sounds absolutely amazing. :love :love I think Brittanys are climbing back to the top of the list now 😂🤣 I like that they’re not too big either. Labs and Goldens, even Aussies, are so huge haha I’m starting to like smaller dogs more and more 😂🙈

Yeah I get that. Haha.

Both mine were first generation crosses.

I understand having one once, and wanting a similar dog.. some people think that getting a doodle means you get all of the best of breeds, but you might get the worse...

plus, if i spend a few moments looking at pure bred breeders, I will find lots of dogs with health testing, and preformance titles.

Why do these matter? lots of doodles end up with health issues further in life. And titles like the CGC and therapy dog titles proves a dog has a stable temperment

And poodles can look like doodles, too :D https://www.poodleforum.com/threads/poodles-that-look-like-doodles.20030/#post-244162

Ofc no hate to you or your dog, she is such a cutie, its just a interesting world to dive into

I understand having one once, and wanting a similar dog.. some people think that getting a doodle means you get all of the best of breeds, but you might get the worse...

plus, if i spend a few moments looking at pure bred breeders, I will find lots of dogs with health testing, and preformance titles.

Why do these matter? lots of doodles end up with health issues further in life. And titles like the CGC and therapy dog titles proves a dog has a stable temperment

And poodles can look like doodles, too :D https://www.poodleforum.com/threads/poodles-that-look-like-doodles.20030/#post-244162

Ofc no hate to you or your dog, she is such a cutie, its just a interesting world to dive into
Yep, health issues are definitely a concern.

I just need a dog that doesn’t shed much, a dog that’s not too independent (I love dogs that just love love), and I’m not much of a fan of the super curly feeling but I also don’t like the super straight feeling.

Golden doodles just seem to check all those boxes.

And Don’t worry about offending me. I find this very interesting.

I got some pics!
I...actually have no idea. Wait...to a jungle fowl? You have one? Me see plz?
I'm not positive if these girls are 100% red junglefowl since I rescued them from under a muddy dumpster as babies - so I would have no way of knowing. But I am guessing that they are a red jungle fowl mix, considering hen #1 has the coloring, and that there are *tons* of junglefowl in the Hawaiian islands
image2 (8).jpeg image3 (6).jpeg
this girl has Spurs^
Lays a creamy white colored egg
image1 (15).jpeg image0 (24).jpeg
this girl lays a pure white egg
- they are definitely from the same clutch
I also read that descendants of the jungle fowl are called "feral chickens"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom