Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Did you hatch out just the two or is there more?
Also Do you plan to brood them indoors until they're six weeks? Mine started living outside at just 3 and a half weeks old because the mess they made was indescribable and it was just TIME šŸ˜†
My mom also happens to be severely allergic to bird dander or something so I spared her the headache (literally) and kicked them out of the house.

Did you hatch out just the two or is there more?
Also Do you plan to brood them indoors until they're six weeks? Mine started living outside at just 3 and a half weeks old because the mess they made was indescribable and it was just TIME šŸ˜†
I have 4 hatching now.

I will most likely kick them out next week. I hear ya on the mess. Whew.

I bought four more today.
IMG_20210515_140504.jpg

Cap stealing their food;
IMG_20210515_141958.jpg

Iā€™m trying to decide. Iā€™m sure at least one of the three silkies we got yesterday is a cockerel (just because they were SR)

But, if itā€™s really sweet, maybe I could keep it?

I donā€™t know...

The only reason I donā€™t have any roosters is because I told myself at the beginning of chicken keeping no because Iā€™ve had bad experiences with mean ones... but a silkie rooster could be a little sweeter? (The bad experience rooster was a mean RIR I was taking care of for a neighbor while they were on vacation... I had to carry a shovel around...)

But I think that they didnā€™t have a very good ratio of roosters to hens (1:2)

But maybe a silkie rooster would be different... I guess Iā€™ll have to see....

Back
Top Bottom