coming out ahead on cornish rocks

If one starts to sell any agricultural products, one has to file a schedual "F ". along with one's income tax returns with the IRS. One is then taxed accordingly ... in your case you will be showing $500 as income with NO deductions, which will make you pay MORE TAX . Uncle Sam will thank you !
th.gif

Last edited:
ya that's not going to happen im not filling anything its none of OUR BELOVED governments buisness what im doing on my property uncle sam already gets enuff of my taxes. ! I WONT FILE A SQEDUAL A BS PAPER uncle sam can kiss my !SS

Last edited:
I laugh at the people who think farmers can account for one's time in the cost of production - because they are not farmers.

Farmers work 24/7. If I accounted for labour in my farms products prices would sky rocket. Even if I paid myself minimum wage it would be over 1700 in labour per week. Farmers just do not have the ability to build fat into there prices.

But not account for prices of shelter, feeding & watering equipment, etc is not exactly great. Though those costs are minimum (say a water lasts two years, works out to be about 3/year, a feeder 5+ years about 7.50/year)

ya that's not going to happen im not filling anything its none of OUR BELOVED governments buisness what im doing on my property uncle sam already gets enuff of my taxes. ! I WONT FILE A SQEDUAL A BS PAPER uncle sam can kiss my !SS
One of these days, the IRS' computer will select your case as with a financial anomaly ( as an example that you used... $500 ) and a letter for an invitation to appear . Oh , and bring in all of your financial records to explain the anomaly. Call : Yes, I understand the time that full time farmers spend at their land as I have been a full time rancher for 37 years as the owner, jack of all trades, chief cook , and bottle washer. Uncle Sam has been known to hire people that were born / raised on a farm as well as owning farms. Have you heard of George Washington, or Thomas Jefferson , or Jimmy Carter to name a few? As for the time one spends on the cost of production of an item, one allocates one's time as in any business ... it's called a time sheet ... the actual time one spends at the subject work activity ( excluding time spent sleeping, living on the property or talking to the next door neighbor over the back fence) that one uses to establish one's cost of doing business for one's produce. Farmers do not have a set minimum wage, their pay is determined by the marketplace of what the farmer is willing to sell his produce for and what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

You can go to the USDA website and you will find that you can produce under a certain amount of birds per year. Mine is 2000. You can butcher, process, package and sell them as long as customers come to your place and pick them up. You must keep the name of the people and the number of birds you sell in a log just in case someone wants to be mean and try to make trouble for you. As long as you have a log, I am sure you are not going to raise 2000 birds to butcher so you won't have a problem. If you want to get a number with the USDA as a small producer, then you have to have things inspected initially to sell to restaurants, grocers, etc. and comply with USDA specs. Almost every state complies with the USDA. Look it up

that's what wrong with this government why worry about people like me instead you got hundreds of lazy people living on welfare who are more then able to work DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya im sure the Irs computer is scaning backyardchickens website for people to select who are robbing them of a couple hundred bucks of taxes

Last edited:
You can go to the USDA website and you will find that you can produce under a certain amount of birds per year. Mine is 2000. You can butcher, process, package and sell them as long as customers come to your place and pick them up. You must keep the name of the people and the number of birds you sell in a log just in case someone wants to be mean and try to make trouble for you. As long as you have a log, I am sure you are not going to raise 2000 birds to butcher so you won't have a problem. If you want to get a number with the USDA as a small producer, then you have to have things inspected initially to sell to restaurants, grocers, etc. and comply with USDA specs. Almost every state complies with the USDA. Look it up
Yup, you can .! However , you have to fill out the IRS Form " F " for farm sales activity come April 15 as all income is subject to taxation.

ive read 10-15 lbs of feed at 8 weeks old I guess it probly depends on the strain of cornish

that's what wrong with this government why worry about people like me instead you got hundreds of lazy people living on welfare who are more then able to work DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya im sure the Irs computer is scaning backyardchickens website for people to select who are robbing them of a couple hundred bucks of taxes

:yuckyuck

Back
Top Bottom