I see a lot of people talking about canning on here, and while I think it is a great idea, I just wanted to forewarn you... My cousin is still recovering from an illness due to something being canned wrong. She got a severe case of botulism that basically put her in a coma and she was in the hospital for several months. She slowly recovered but then had to learn how to walk all over again. She has one of those scars on her throat from where a tube went down her throat. She was in 9th grade when it happened, she'll be graduating this year. Sooooo, be VERY CAREFUL about dented cans and canning things correctly!