Comments and Posts....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LivingRootsFarm, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivingRootsFarm

LivingRootsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Samsula
    I am new to posting on BYC but have been reading the forums for quite a while. Usually I do not post or comment on any forums on any site because of other people. I just wanted to put out a general comment "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." This goes for the forums on BYC and any other site. I have read alot on other sites and this one that get me steamed! To me going on the internet is for pure enjoyment to either research or chat with people that share similar interests. I get enough stress from work I don't need it on my time off - and I am sure tons of people are in the same boat as me! Sorry for the rant!

2. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Out of all the forums that are out there, I think this one is actually one of the best. For the most part everyone here keeps it that way. Once in a while some one might go off the path a bit and get a bit on the raggy side, but the mods are on the ball and keep things going as they should. I have found lots of great info here and have even answered others questions now and then. As with any forum though there is a wide range of personalities as there is in life. Some times comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

3. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    The other side of that coin is that it's pretty nasty to say that to anyone over the age of 3. Even then, I don't like it. If you don't feel like being sweetness and light, come sit by me. Don't like it, don't read it. Same things I've taught my kids.

4. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    I agree, this is one of the best forums I've been on, and I don't even have chickens yet!

I've been on some horse forums that are just awful. Everyone's so catty and obnoxious. If you're not part of their "clique", don't even attempt to post there.

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG] Members here are normaly VERY nice. And the best thing is, most people can tell theres an "in crowd" But they are normally the most chatty and the first to lend a hand.

6. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with forums. I personally like this one a lot. The moderators do a good job of keeping this a family friendly site, and I know that I truly do appreciate being able to come here and chat.

7. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Yeah thats true! thre is an "in crowd" but they are awsome in answering questions and if they dont...we minions will [​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Hey! You are so right. In fact our number one rule here is to be kind and considerate to others. If you see a post that doesn't follow this rule, hit the report button and the Staff will review it.

Remember that tone is hard to convey on the internet, so when we review a post, we look at it from several angles.

Before this thread turns to finger pointing (which has already happened I see), I am going to go ahead and close this up.

Thanks for your feedback! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by