1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Comments on quality?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by southernhusky, Nov 30, 2015.

1. southernhusky

southernhusky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
  2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not sure on the rooster, but those hens aren't Wheaton as I know it. Honestly, they look like Easter eggers. Here's an old ad I found with some good colored wheaton birds. the brown/tan would be the same for wheaton, blue wheaton or splash wheaton. the black is the only color that would change to blue or splash.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/466067/ameraucana-lf-wheaton-blue-wheaton-eggs-npip

edited--those hens are EE, not Ameraucana. They have willow green legs, not the correct slate. I had a hen looked pretty much like them from MMM hatchery

[​IMG]

She was a perfectly good hen, and I loved hatching her babies with the blue gene she threw, but not an Ameraucana, sorry.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

If you want Easter Eggers, they're fine... but they aren't true Ameraucanas... wrong coloring, that isn't a Splash Wheaten roo, and there is green legs in that mix... I've seen chicks and juvies that others have hatched from those... EE only, sorry...

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Agree with everyone else. Rooster looks like either weird colored EE or maybe a poor quality Splash Wheaten Ameraucana, and the hens are all EE. They'd be appropriate backyard layers but they are not True Ameraucana.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They're Easter Eggers.

6. southernhusky

southernhusky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
    Thanks so much for the comments. I'll keep looking, he's certainly getting more than the average EE price from what I've seen.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EEs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by