COMMON FOR NEW CHICK???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by abs45, Apr 28, 2017.

1. abs45

abs45 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2017
    Just wondering....I got an additional 3 chicks from the same place I got my first 4 (local co-op, all very healthy and energetic). They were n a separate brooder, of course, and I lost one little partridge silkie. :( I went and picked up another little black silkie from the same batch that to keep it at 3 for the littles.

I watched them all for a bit before choosing one. This chick was energetic, normal, moving around well, good weight, etc. there were quite a few chicks in that bin, and I'm wondering, could the newbie be all tuckered out from holding its own in such a big crowd?

She's been eating, drinking with the others since she got here earlier this afternoon, but is kinda quiet and snoozing a bit. I gave her a drop of Nutri drench, and there are probiotics/vitamins in the water. I'm hoping she's just catchin up on some much needed rest without being jostled around.

Thoughts?

2. autumnbee17

autumnbee17 Just Hatched

Jan 6, 2017
    Sorry for your lost on your silkie. I would watch her for a bit. If she is still like that I would try to give her yogurt because that might help her get some energy. And how many chicks do you have in your brooder right now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by