Common Horse Colorings?

White is NOT a common color. Most "white" horses are actually greys and will have dark skin showing in lightly haired areas like around the eyes and the muzzle.
There’s a lot of white looking horses though even if they’re not “true” white genetically or whatever though, no? I think that’s more what they meant.

There’s a lot of white looking horses though even if they’re not “true” white genetically or whatever though, no? I think that’s more what they meant.
Exactly. Same with brown. I know that you don't go and ask a horse owner what color there horse is and they say "brown" very often lol! Just how they look.

Exactly. Same with brown. I know that you don't go and ask a horse owner what color there horse is and they say "brown" very often lol! Just how they look.
Yeah exactly! I got what you meant. And I have seen tons of “white” horses. I don’t know if they’re actually white, I’m sure most are technically grey, but to the average non horse person they look white

Understood, but if you aren't using a correct term, then what you are saying is pretty much as meaningless as when I got my mini and they people said he was "linen colored" that tells me nothing... turns out he's a silver dapple.

I actually have a white horse, sabino white to be exact, but that requires pink skin and dark eyes. If he had blue eyes, pink skin, and white hair he would be cremelo.

Yeah exactly! I got what you meant. And I have seen tons of “white” horses. I don’t know if they’re actually white, I’m sure most are technically grey, but to the average non horse person they look white
Lol! Totally! We own two horses, and keep out horses down the road to rotate pastures. So we are usually doing chores and caring for 5 horses at a time. I guess I am a "horse person" but have never felt the need to do all the research on colors. Lol!

Understood, but if you aren't using a correct term, then what you are saying is pretty much as meaningless as when I got my mini and they people said he was "linen colored" that tells me nothing... turns out he's a silver dapple.

I actually have a white horse, sabino white to be exact, but that requires pink skin and dark eyes. If he had blue eyes, pink skin, and white hair he would be cremelo.
Hmm yeah that’s true and I do get it and know the terms are important and stuff but for a drawing on a shirt or cup or whatever, they were just trying to give examples of colors to draw, and most aren’t really that detailed I wouldn’t think

Back
Top Bottom