Common Pheasant care

May 30, 2022
Morning all. We have a batch of 12 Common Pheasant eggs that are now showing signs of hatching. We are newbies to incubating eggs and so are worried about the next stages of care. I read that they can stay in the incubator until they are dry but the instructions for it are non-existent and have been completely useless! We're very pleased to see that the eggs are now hatching but would love some advice on the next stages please.....how long can they stay in the incubator? Do we take out the mesh grill that the eggs were sitting on so the poults don't get caught up? Do we feed and water them while they're in there? What do we need to do next, when and how? Sorry for all the questions.....if I've forgotten anything, feel free to add! Thank you :)

I leave them in the incubator until they are able to stand and walk about which usually is within 24 hours of hatching. I then take them out and put them in a wire cage under a heat lamp with gamebird starter food and water with corid in it. Each chick gets its beak dipped in the water on introduction so they know where/what it is.

Thank you for your reply. We had one hatch yesterday but no sign of the others doing anything yet. Will a single be ok on its own as it will need to come out soon?

Thank you for your reply. We had one hatch yesterday but no sign of the others doing anything yet. Will a single be ok on its own as it will need to come out soon?
It will be fine if you have the temp in the brooder set at the correct temperature. They do better with other chicks, they explore their surrounds much more if they have other chicks doing the same thing...finding the waterer, feeder, heat source, etc...but it won't kill it to be the only one in the brooder.

It will be fine if you have the temp in the brooder set at the correct temperature. They do better with other chicks, they explore their surrounds much more if they have other chicks doing the same thing...finding the waterer, feeder, heat source, etc...but it won't kill it to be the only one in the brooder.
Thank you ☺️

Back
Top Bottom